What oil are you running in your lawnmower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
$1 per quart Castrol GTX SynBlend 5w30

+1

same exact oil from AZ clearance in my push mower

Toro push mower with a Honda engine.

I change the oil every couple of years with Honda branded small engine oil and on the rare occasion that the oil needs topping off I use whatever is left on the shelf that I'd like to get rid of.

2004-ish Zero turn - 21 hp Briggs - 15W40 Delo Conventional
2008 Cub Cadet push mower with the Chonda Powermore - 10W30 Amsoil Small engine oil - 3 yrs on this oil change
1994 John Deere push mower with the Briggs flat head - 10W30 - Delo XLE Syn Blend

Last edited:
I just bought a Husqvarna lawn tractor with a Briggs & Stratton Intek engine and CVT transmission. I haven't completely decidied what I'm going to use for the first oil change but I'm leaning towards Delo 400 XLE 10W-30.

I'm running whatever flavor of HDEO I have left over from changing the oil in my truck. Varies from Mobil 1 5W-40 full synthetic, Rotella T5 10W-30, T6 5W-40 and occasionally some 15W-40. Mowers going on 30yrs of service and still starts on the first pull and the oil looks brand new at the end of the season so I'm not too concerned about whether it's getting enough protection (it obviously is in good shape internally), doesn't burn oil and doesn't have enough blow by to be noticed.

Currently Rotella T-6 5w-40 in a Craftsman YT4000 tractor, Craftsman LT2500 tractor, and a Lawnboy push mower. All B&S engines. Previous fill was Amsoil ASE. Using Motorcraft FL910S filters in both riders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back