What O/S are you using and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac OSX cause my Mac won't run Windows (at least well it is a G4) THANK GOD!!!

I got tires of the spyware and viruses. Oh and it still works GREAT even at 4 years old.

Windows 7, because it's the best bang for the buck-- free. Even if I did have to pay for it, I'd still use it.

Win 2K on my personal desktop. Win XP on my work laptop. Win Vista on wife's new Dell laptop. Any Winblows OS is basically the same, just fatter, and BNG (bold new graphics)with each new evolution. Why, because thats what was available and what I was familiar with. All of our servers at work run Solaris. Solaris is sweet, loads quick, and is available for Sun and X86 platforms. Very stable.

Ran W7 for a while, had a minor problem with internet connectivity and now using Vista with SP2 beta.

Netbook runs XP.

Brother's computer runs Vista, upgraded from XP.

Vista 32bit/Ubuntu on the desktop and Vista 64bit on the laptop. I have a copy of OSX just waiting for the desktop
27.gif

Windows XP Home SP3 at home, XP Pro at work, was running Vista 32 Home Premium on my laptop and have since switched to Windows 7 64-bit.

I never run into issues I can't solve.

Mac OS X and Maemo Diablo. Windows-something on my old Toshiba laptop, which I use only to communicate with the Audi.
wink.gif

I rarely run into issues...

WinXP Home on my laptop PC which only gets used once a week or so, and Fedora Linux on my desktop which I am on now. If I could get the wireless to work with my laptop rest assured it would see MUCH more Linux usage.

Even though I still have WinXP Pro on my desktop I greatly prefer the stability of Linux. The WinXP portion of this five-year-plus-old box gets used about a half dozen times a year or so but that's it.

Linux serves virtually all my needs except for a *very* few programs that are Window$-specific.

Windows XP Pro SP3 on both my laptop and my desktop. Fast enough, stable enough, easy enough to use, and runs excellently with 2 GB RAM.

I'd run Linux if I were more familiar with it. I am slowly learning...

macos X and windows XP dual boot. Sometimes you just have to run windows to get certain things done... so I use parallels.

Originally Posted By: ewetho
Mac OSX cause my Mac won't run Windows (at least well it is a G4) THANK GOD!!!

I got tires of the spyware and viruses. Oh and it still works GREAT even at 4 years old.

so does my XP at 4 years. no spyware, no viruses.

Originally Posted By: peterdaniel
mac osX

I never run into issues. period.

You're not trying hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back