What, No Traction Control ??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Throt
My gf's '07 Grand Prix doesn't have ABS but my old '99 Grand Am did.

I find that very strange but options packages exist for a reason.

Are you sure?

On GM stuff you can turn traction control and stabilitrak off. Push the TCS button once traction control off, push and hold the TCS button for 5 seconds traction control and stabilitrak off.

The Grand Prix and the Equinox have both. The WS6 does have traction control which is handy.
smile.gif

Traction control depends on implementation. I rather like the programming in my Cruze since it allows a little bit of wheelspin before going full electro-nanny. The "off" button also turns the system off on those rare occasions it's needed.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
1985 was the last year for the big rear wheel drive Olds 88.

I think you mean 1986-1990 Olds 88.

Yep,you're right,86-90 :^) I'd forgotten about the big rear drive 1985 model. Wasn't that the only year that had the red/orange split tail lights instead of solid red?

I don't know if 1985 was the ONLY year with the red/orange (almost yellow) tail light, but 1985 does have it.

Originally Posted By: bobbob
I just bought an '03 Nissan Altima SE V6 and I looked in the Owners Manual and found that
Traction Control was an option. I live in the mountains and we get snow. Does anyone else
have the same situation? I thought Traction Control was pretty much standard.

Are you a typical driver that needs to be nannied due to a lack of driver skill?

I'm glad my '96 has no ABS, TC, or Stability. I know what my pedals do, and how to control them.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Are you sure?

Quite likely. GM started in '92 with ABS standard in cars (except Saturn and Geo) then did a 180 for '03 making it extra cost on pretty much anything W-body and smaller.

I believe it really was because in the 90s their inexpensive ABS-VI system was cheaper than pushing airbags as standard safety equipment. As ABS-VI later had to give way to costlier four-channel systems that changed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: moklock
Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Are you sure?

Quite likely. GM started in '92 with ABS standard in cars (except Saturn and Geo) then did a 180 for '03 making it extra cost on pretty much anything W-body and smaller.

I believe it really was because in the 90s their inexpensive ABS-VI system was cheaper than pushing airbags as standard safety equipment. As ABS-VI later had to give way to costlier four-channel systems that changed.

Well I ask because you can't buy anything for the wheel (IE hubs) that isn't traction ABS/TCS on an 04 and up Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back