What mid 2000's crossover suv should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a look at a 2007 Jeep Patriot today, it's a platform mate to the Caliber and the Jeep Compass. This one has the Freedom Drive I system, a fulltime, on-demand AWD system with a 4WD lock mode that splits power 60/40 (or 50/50, depends on who you believe) full-time until anywhere from 15-25 mph (as with the 4wd lock, info seems a little hit or miss). It drives like the 2 Calibers I've driven in the last week, and it has the AWD system for winter conditions and a little mild offroading. 8.1 inches of ground clearance. Fuel mileage is rated pretty good too. 20/24 mpg. I liked it, even though some might say it's not a 'true' Jeep

Originally Posted By: 55Test
I had a look at a 2007 Jeep Patriot today, it's a platform mate to the Caliber and the Jeep Compass. This one has the Freedom Drive I system, a fulltime, on-demand AWD system with a 4WD lock mode that splits power 60/40 (or 50/50, depends on who you believe) full-time until anywhere from 15-25 mph (as with the 4wd lock, info seems a little hit or miss). It drives like the 2 Calibers I've driven in the last week, and it has the AWD system for winter conditions and a little mild offroading. 8.1 inches of ground clearance. Fuel mileage is rated pretty good too. 20/24 mpg. I liked it, even though some might say it's not a 'true' Jeep

Pick what you like... those "true Jeep" people are lame.

Originally Posted By: BowNisPar

Pick what you like... those "true Jeep" people are lame.

Truth. The girl I work with has one. It has been pretty good only bad thing she has to say about it is it eats ABS sensors. Seems odd but not a big deal.

Outback Sport?
2006:

58b37b7bae_640.jpg

2005:

2004-2005_Subaru_Outback_Sport.jpg

Last edited:
So I bought a 2007 Jeep Compass sport Freedom Drive 1 CVT model. It has just a bit under 100000 miles (currently sitting on 157000 kms) and the total out-the-door price was $6634 with 2 year Lubrico powertrain+seals and gaskets warranty. I've had it almost a week now and I've ran 3 tanks of fuel through it (been doing a lot of driving lately) and my fuel mileage, measured by filling then driving then filling again, is 22.8 mpg. Not as much as I hoped for but apparently pretty normal for these vehicles. I've got a few CEL's which may or may not affect the fuel mileage. 2 codes for the intake manifold runner control, 1 for an oxygen sensor heater circuit plus an occasional oil pressure sensor code. Within the last few days its seemed to develop some front end clunking after doing some light backroad driving. I'm taking it back to the dealer where I bought it to have that and the CELs checked. A few pics and a 0-60 video:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back