What lyric from a song have you misconstrued for a decade or longer?

Bad Moon Rising by CCR - "There's a bathroom on the right". And Rock Me by Great White - instead of "Rock Me"... "Harambe".

Not necessarily have I thought they said that, but they sound close enough for it to be funny.

Just thought of it, when I was a kid, I thought the band with Ace Frehley and Gene Simmons was K177!

Can anyone actually write out the lyrics to Iko Iko?!
I've heard several versions from the Neville Bros to Dixie Cups to Grateful Dead. I'm not sure that it has set lyrics or maybe you need a Cajun to decipher them. Hey now, Jacka mo fee nah nay.

I've heard several versions from the Neville Bros to Dixie Cups to Grateful Dead. I'm not sure that it has set lyrics or maybe you need a Cajun to decipher them. Hey now, Jacka mo fee nah nay.
My understanding is the Dixie Cups made it popular. We went to a restaurant in Nawlins called Jacques IMO’s. This was 2004 and long wait. I was thinking in my head, don’t you say it! One of the ladies in the party said the alligator tasted like chicken 😡

The Breakup Song by The Greg Kihn Band where it goes “They don’t write em like that anymore” I always thought it said “I didn’t love my daddy anymore”

The only way I found out I was wrong was watching the lyrics video on YouTube lol 😂 for my entire life I thought it was the I didn’t love my daddy anymore lol 😂.

There’s so many to choose from.
Here’s a disco song:
Lady Marmalade - The song is famous for the repeated refrain of "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?" in French as part of the chorus, a sexually suggestive line that translates into English as: "Do you want to sleep with me?"

AC/DC Back in Black
"now I'm back on track and I'm needing a...
Knowing this would not be allowed on the radio, I knew this was probably not right.
But I was a teenager so that's what I went with.
No problem…..NOBODY understands what Brian Johnson is singing! :p

Elton Johns “Benny and the jets” …I can’t understand the words for almost the entire song !

Tom Jones, "She's A Lady".

I thought it was....... "Always something nice to say while I'm blastin"...... It really was, "Always something nice to say, oh what a blessing".

And there there are the lyrics to every single song Mick Jagger ever sang... Does anyone know a single line?

ZZ Top Legs.

I thought it was, "She's got legs tied to her fanny. She's got a big set that drives the men batty"..... It really was, "She's got hair down to her fanny. She's kinda jet set, try to undo her panties".

Last edited:
AC/DC Back in Black
"now I'm back on track and I'm needing a...
Knowing this would not be allowed on the radio, I knew this was probably not right.
But I was a teenager so that's what I went with.
And I'm beatin' the flack... (whatever flack is).

Judas Priest. I thought I heard........ "I got a race car comin down the road" Nope........."I got an ace card comin down on the rocks"

From Adele's 'Send My Love (To Your New Lover)'.

Actual lyrics:

Send my love to your new lover
Treat her better
We've gotta let go of all of our ghosts
We both know we ain't kids no more

What I hear:

Jeans are better.
We've gotta let go of all of our clothes.

Back