What it the true bypass pressure of the Mobil1 M113A filter made by Champion Labs?

Didn't @RKCRLR say in post #1 that the Mobil 1 113A filters made by Champion Labs had a 22 PSI bypass valve. Maybe it started out with a 15 PSI bypass valve and then was updated to a 22 PSI bypass after the GM bulletin came out. Filter manufactures often make design changes and keep the same filter model number.
⬇️ ⬇️
But GM didn't change the recommendation for LS3 engines from a PF48 to PF64, so why would the 113A change? Maybe it did, but there hasn't been anything documented on what the value is/was. No one has shown any engine failures that have been caused by 113A, but it's just too much uncertainty for me.

But GM didn't change the recommendation for LS3 engines from a PF48 to PF64, so why would the 113A change? Maybe it did, but there hasn't been anything documented on what the value is/was. No one has shown any engine failures that have been caused by 113A, but it's just too much uncertainty for me.
Apparently because it's used on some of the other engines specified in the GM TSB shown in post #8.

The 113/113A predates the C7 Corvette. It was the specified filter for the C6, which used a 15 psi bypass. It still is. The C7 always required the 22 psi bypass.
Then why did @RKCRLR show confirmation in post #1 with info from Champion Labs that when they last made the 113A it had a 22 PSI bypass valve. Since M+H is making it now for Mobil, the bypass valve has apparently went back to 15 PSI. And sounds like M+H will be specifying the 114A instead for the C8. Maybe M+H went back to the original 15 PSI on the 113A and decided to spec a different filter model, the 114A with 25 PSI bypass valve for the C8. It always causes chaos when a TSB like this comes out and also when different suppliers are switched to make oil filters for companies like Mobil in this case.

I had reported back in December 2021 that the M1-212A was no longer listed on Mobil's website as the correct filter for the LF3/LF4 twin turbocharged 3.6 V6 engines...when I contacted Mobil about this in January 2022, I was notified that Mobil did not know why this filter was discontinued and they would forward my request to Mann+Hummel the maker of their oil filters...I have never gotten a response from Mann+Hummel and further requests to Mobil go unanswered...

I purchased a A/C Delco UPF-63R filter for my 2016 CTS V-Sport...RockAuto still lists the M1-212A filter as the correct filter alternative for the LF3/LF4

Bill

Today’s engine has very tight tolerances, two stage oil pumps and high flow lubrication system requirements. The proper match of oil filter to engine application is more important than it has ever been in the past. The use of a replacement oil filter with an internal bypass valve opening pressure specifications of 15 PSI (100 kPa) or less, allows debris to circulate in the engine causing damage to bearings and other tight tolerances areas, which may result in premature engine failure.

Tolerance: an allowable amount of variation of a specified quantity, especially in the dimensions of a machine or part

Clearance: a space between two moving parts, left to avoid clashing or to permit relatively free motion

You can have a super tight tolerance and a clearance a mile wide. Or, the opposite.

Premature engine failure? Maybe the automakers should police their suppliers a little better or set better standards. The filter is a solution to our manufacturing and engineering problems. Premature engine failure can even happen with OE fluids and filters too wink wink. So, is the filter a solution to a problem? or a bandaid to engineering or purchasing issues?

What debris are we talking about? Is GM still shipping engines from the factory with pre installed debris, or is that an option. RPO code 'dbrs' and RPO code 'swrf' ?

So, the automaker is now finally afraid of debris. One would think that they'd double, triple, or even quadruple, the amount of filtration media, especially since most automakers in general have been increasing intervals. Maybe they could demand lab grade ISO clean motor oil? One might think that more frequent oil changes should be considered. And, if its so important, why no toilet paper bypass from the factory?

Glad I don't have voodoo science filtering problems with my vehicles.

I'm guessing too many ol' timers retired from this manufacturing plants(whether filter, automaker, or supplier). And, they youngster engineers really don't have a clue.

Per the TSB (LINK), this is the main reason the ACDelco filter bypass spec was increased from 15 to 22 PSI. GM doesn't want the possibility of the filter bypass valve to operate too often or stay open too long during cold starts.

"Beginning in 2012, the oil pumps began to regulate main gallery feedback instead of pump
out pressure.
This means that the oil pump now does not begin to regulate until pressure
is built up to the main gallery. This change reduces the amount of time it takes to provide
oil to the engine bearing and lifters during extreme cold start conditions."

Back