What "issues" do you just "live with" on your older vehicle?

RAV 4 2003

condensation on the rear light lens cluster, too expensive to replace for me, I cannot see any crack and no resulting rust at all!

a bird chirping/ squeak which gets louder in the colder temperatures. I cannot locate where it is coming from!

an intermittant subdue wheel wobble around 75 mph. Done all the wheel balancing, tracking over the years, different brand of tyres too to no avail

All my vehicles are old. I never had a new vehicle so "living with it" is the norm for me. Living with it is entirely a matter of whether or not it's worth fixing and if there are still decent parts available.

However, this bugs me.

20211007_194848.jpg

2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport, 82K
Upon startup, backing out of the driveway with steering wheel turned completely to the right, there can be a clunk-clunk-clunk. Cannot reporduce after 1 mile.

Tire Pressure Idiot light comes on for now reason at freeway speeds. Or not.

I love this car.
View attachment 66251
My aunt’s Avalon has done this since new. It’s the front brake pads shifting around.

I’ve complained to the dealer multiple times. They say it’s “normal”.

Bullet holes (mk3 jetta) , lasted until 2012

bullet holes in the transmission pan (mk6 jetta 2.5)

smoke stained headliner 2.slow mk6

massive curb damage in the underneath, the lower radiator looks like somebody hit it.
Back glass shot out also ?

2003 Pontiac Vibe 285K. Owned it since 38K and this is what I deal with LOL

-vibration in idle
- oil consumption is 1 QT per 1200 miles. Just gave BG EPR a shot and lets see how it goes....
- faded roof ??? LOL

P0420 seems to come on regularly, at least when it is cold.

Differential seems to have developed a whine. Debating on taking the fluid from the F line to the bottom of the E.

Rattle on start-up, drives me NUTS. Maybe an OE timing belt kit, I kind of think that is what it is.

Broken screw on timing cover, I want that fixed...

Gas mileage could be a little better but.

Back