What is your typical quote when you replace the TPMS sensors along with tires?

I know my local mom and pop's installation labor on tires, I know how much tires cost online. However I have gotten all over the place on quote for TPMS replacement cost on one of my car. I'm not doing it yet and will wait till the time comes to replace the tires.

Just how much it would cost? Say you ask them to provide the sensors or you bring some Denso sensors you buy from rockauto?

My local place charges $15 per sensor and you have to provide them. They won't source them.

Discount Tire (here) is about $60/each. That includes the sensor, install, and programming. They charged me $20/each when I supplied my own.

Last time I had new tires installed at discount tire I had purchased OEM Honda TPMS sensors and grommets online and brought them with me.
Discount tire installed the new ones and reprogrammed for free.

I'll go back for sure.

Depends if the shop you go to accepts your parts. If not.. that's at the shop's discretion... they may get you the dealership parts for more money.

On my old car, I can get a set of dealership TPMS sensors for about $120 online. Then the shop I go to includes the installation with the mount and balance

DT wanted $60 for one sensor when I was installing Yokohama Advan Apex this spring for track use.
I provided 4 HUF sensors I got on ebay for $148, and they did not charge anything for installation.

Discount Tire's TPMS sensors are $60/ea. with installation and programming.

BUT, I brought them the printout from Amazon showing that I could buy their same BH Sens/Huf 3041 sensors for my Toyota for $27/ea. with free shipping to my home. I then used their price-match policy, and they sold them, installed them, and programmed them for me at that same price: $27/wheel. The store manager said the Amazon price was below their costs for the sensors, but he honored their price-match policy nonetheless.

I had one replaced by a local indy tire shop and they quoted $75 for the sensor and installation.

I ended up buying my own on Rockauto ($30) and they only charged me the dismount/mount fee. The place I went to didn't realize my vehicle (Chrysler) didn't need programming, so my wife got to watch them surf Google for an hour looking for answers. She called me frustrated and I told her to tell them we'll program it ourselves. By the time she got a quarter mile down the road it was working perfect.

I buy them on Amazon the then hand them over when I put on new tires. They charge about $15 each. I can manually program mine so I’ll have to remind them next time. They wasted a bunch of time programming them.

Discount Tire's TPMS sensors are $60/ea. with installation and programming.

BUT, I brought them the printout from Amazon showing that I could buy their same BH Sens/Huf 3041 sensors for my Toyota for $27/ea. with free shipping to my home. I then used their price-match policy, and they sold them, installed them, and programmed them for me at that same price: $27/wheel. The store manager said the Amazon price was below their costs for the sensors, but he honored their price-match policy nonetheless.
Did you tell them to just buy them from Amazon?

Bring the sensors along with $100 I’ll do all 4 at my shop. But I claim no responsibility if the sensors don’t link to the car lol.

Not saying I don’t trust a customer to buy the correct part, but BYOP jobs tend to run the risk of getting messy when stuff doesn’t work out. Just don’t deal with them at all but TPMS seems like such a minuscule amount of money it shouldn’t be too much of a pain if it doesn’t work.

Just had aftermarket four TPMS sensors installed on the snow tires of my Ford Fusion Hybrid 2019. I bought the More sensors from Amazon for $70 plus tax. The shop charged me $100 to install the TPMS sensors and swap the snow tires onto my car. They also programmed the sensors. Note that tire shops can test the TPMS sensors before installation with their TPMS tool.

$118 for all 4 when I had my DT winter tire disaster.
good part.. one went bad after 3 years... fully covered.

and today getting a second one replaced free.. I hear plastic parts flopping around inside tire

IIRC its 6yr 60000 mile warranty. Which is usually longer than I have most cars.

Previously you could get 4 Oem sensors on ebay for about 28$ total.. but they jumped to around $80.. so I passed. I like warranty.

on Jeep there is no setup or calibration.. the car learns it and works..

Edit: just checked ebay "genuine" tpms sensors $28-$40 for set of 4 on a jeep a 20$ install charge would be pretty rough.. its not much worse than installing regular valve stems.

Back