What is your conventional oil choice.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever is the cheapest of a reputable oil distributer. Lots of Mobil 5000, Valvoline WB, PYB, QS and ST

Whichever is cheapest. Havoline is on sale at walmart and amazon for $11.77 and also there's a $5 rebate promotion going on too.

Last edited:
The ONLY time in recent memory that I didn't use synthetic oil was years ago when my daughter kept driving while that red "change oil soon" was lit. I told her what the light really meant. She begged me to come to the car and bring oil. I bought the absolute cheapest oil I could find - it just had to look like oil. I guess that was my favorite conventional oil.

Pick whatever bottle you like better. Pretty sure it's all the same, both companies are owned by Shell.

Citgo cornered the cheap API motor oil market round here, .59 .79 ...this week they offered 2-5qt tubs for $1.99 ea. A/R. I didn't really need more but at that price I did my 2 limit and threw it on the stash. Citgo 5/20 or 5/30 are decent 7.5k oil imo.

Your question is what is My Favorite conventional? Chevron Supreme in any weight you want.

Why, because it has been good oil for 50 years I know of personally.

It's also the choice of a lot of fire houses around here. That is for engines that go from stone cold to WOT in about 30 seconds hauling a loaded chassis and live a long and happy life
smile.gif

I have been using pennzoil for years with no issues and my engines lasted a long long time.. Recently i changed oil brands but i still think Pennzoil is a good choice if you can get it at a good price..I heard the formula has changed with Pennzoil and it is not as good as it was but im not sure what i heard is true because i did not look to see a uoa.

I am synthetic oil guy but my go to conventional oil for customers/friends is Mobil Super 5000. I good oil and priced right. If somebody wants a syn blend or high mileage oil I'll use Mobil Super high mileage or Valvoline Maxlife red bottle.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
For a 5000 mile OCI, I'd try to catch some Supertech conventional at div>

Roger that.

Mobil 1 synthetic with rebate or NAPA synthetic at $2.99 per quart. Once in a while Havoline or QSGB have been on sale for around $7 and I've used those. Name brand and cheap. That's all that matters.

Originally Posted By: Balrog006
Originally Posted By: leeaspell
Valvoline conventional for me, picked up 14 4.73L jugs for $1 each at Walmart.

Do tell? $1 each!?!??!!!!

They were clearing it out. Not sure why, but the shelf had a little tag saying a dollar each. So I had the wife stand and guard the shelf while I ran to customer service with a jug to double check the price. Sure enough, $1 plus tax. Ran back and cleared the shelf lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back