What is your average MPG? Mine is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past 156 miles, probably 75% freeway/25% city - in dash meter is registering 49mpg.

49!
laugh.gif

That's better than my old Suzuki Swift. And the Cruze is much more pleasant to drive than a Swift. (says more about the Swift than the Cruze)

Filled up again yesterday after 12 days and about 353 miles: 23.5 mpg. I've been running 87 E10 Exxon fuel almost exclusively for the last couple of months.

I'd put a bottle of the Redline fuel treatment in at the beginning of June, but didn't see any real change in mpg, up or down. I'll be satisfied if it did some cleaning in there.

I get high teens overall on the Ody. A lot of idling/city. Got 27mpg overall on a 1400mi trip which I thought was impressive. Heavily favors the highway.

The Vibe gets high 20's in the winter and low 30's in the summer. Never taken a long enough trip to really get an idea of sustained highway mileage.

Grand Cherokee Hemi Overland with QD2 first 3500 miles according to
the B Evic 22.7 mpg. Not bad for a 5400lb SUV. Have gotten over 24 on some highway runs.

My 05 PT GT Turbo 5sp convertible avgs about 26 overall. Might get
31 mpg highway.

Accent: 2 tanks, mostly traffic and city, maybe 20% highway -> 33 mpg
Suburban: Last 8k miles towing a 4k lbs trailer -> 9mpg
Jeep: When I drove it daily, it would get 16-18 mpg (tiny engine and deep gears, surprisingly efficient for big tires)

2015 Nissan Frontier, 2.5, 5-MT. About 6k on the odometer.
90-day Fuel Economy: 23.7 mpg (US), 9.9 L/100 km, 28.5 mpg (Imp) This is almost entirely commuting and other empty running around. The EPA combined fuel economy is 21 MPG (19/23 city/hwy).

I would like to see more people post their vehicle's economy rating to see how it compares to their realized fuel economy.

Over the past 1440 miles I averaged 22.7 MPG in my Corvette. I don't have any recent numbers for my Civic as I've been recalibrating my Scangauge lately and am still not quite there yet.

Cruze: About 40 mpg winter, 42 mpg summer. Mostly highway commuting and other highway-speed travel. It goes higher on long highway trips.

Fit: 26-27 mpg driving around town exclusively.

Last edited:
fit: 36mpg in the city/ around 42 or 43 mpg on the highway.

with AC on, 15% penalty in the city; not much (maybe 1~2 mpg)penalty on the highway.

wifey's camry: around 24mpg city; 30mpg/highway

Here's my official average from Fuelly since I started using it. The 53 mpg was a 110 mile trip at 65 mph going from 5300 feet elevation to 1100 feet elevation. The round trip for that was 44.3 mpg.

2explcy.jpg

2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel.
First time fill 52.8 US mpg avg 33% city 67% highway.
The city mileage was pretty bad worse than my Mitsu Outlander 2.4, Highway was Much Much better.
Just added it to Fuelly.

At just over 58K miles, I usually see about 21-22, especially now, with heavy use of the A/C. However, in this last 12 days I've had occasion to do 3 25-mile highway round trips to the suburbs west of me. Gassed up this a.m.: 24.6 mpg! (The little lying robot in the DIC read 23.7 -- the first time, I think, it's ever read lower than the actual computed mileage.)

The car rides better with a full tank, too. I've always known that, but forgot it recently; I was thinking the roads here were getting worse (hard to imagine how that could happen) or my wheels needed balancing, or the dealer had screwed up the last tire rotation. But I was down to 2 gallons in the tank. Now, with a full 16, the car rides solidly and sweetly.

My new to me CRV seems to be a 25-26 mpg car on my commute.
Not bad, but not good either given the 5th gear ratio, and VVT engine. The Focus pulls 33-35mpg on the same route with a shorter top gear and no VVT.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
My new to me CRV seems to be a 25-26 mpg car on my commute.
Not bad, but not good either given the 5th gear ratio, and VVT engine. The Focus pulls 33-35mpg on the same route with a shorter top gear and no VVT.

There's your practical lesson in aerodynamics. I can just squeak out 25 MPG in my pickup. I'm going to look into some aerodynamic modifications to see if fuel economy can be improved.

Lifetime Fuel Economy: 23.9 mpg (US), 9.9 L/100 km, 28.6 mpg (Imp)
90-day Fuel Economy: 24 mpg (US), 9.8 L/100 km, 28.8 mpg (Imp)
3-tank Fuel Economy: 24.2 mpg (US), 9.7 L/100 km, 29.1 mpg (Imp)
EPA Combined Rating / % over rating: 21 mpg (US) / 14.3% (based on 90-day fuel economy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back