What is your average MPG? Mine is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2002 F-150 4.6 V-8 gets 13 to 17 mpg, depends on the season. My 1996 Contour 2.0L Zetec gets 28-34 mpg. It's not driven in the cold winter temps. It'll get 34 mpg doing 75-80 mph fully loaded with luggage, wife packs for 6 months for being away 2 weeks
shocked2.gif
. It's more of a vacation car. But it gets great mpg for it's size, comfort and performance.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
driving a 2013 Dodge GC w/43k miles.

We took a 2 day trip to Lexington, Ky. last week. Just up and back with 52 miles of local driving. ~900 miles. Got 27.1 MPG for the trip.

Same trip this week, 4 days, little local driving, 829 miles, 27.5mpg, got a stone chip in the windshield. pooo...

90% "suburban" type of driving within a E-10 mandated area. Lots of stop lights and not ofter over 55mph.

The Accord is getting 23-24
The Sonata does a little better with 24-25
The Mustang maybe gets 20. Not driven much and not driven with efficiency in mind.

Got 37.8 mpg on the last tank, which still isn't where I want it but lately it hasn't been doing that great so 37.8 is a step in the right direction.

Long-term average in the M5 is currently 17.5 with my log from today yielding an average of 22.1.

Driving straight city the average will drop into the 12's.

2004 Jetta Wagon - 21 MPG in winter - short trips profile
- 24 MPG in summer - short trips profile
- 30 MPG on highway

The Chrysler usually gets around 19mpg. It's almost all city. Maybe on the interstate for a mile or two just down to the next exit.

Filled it with E85 one time.
eek.gif
15.9mpg on the fuel economy meter. Couldn't tell any difference in driveability. It drove the same. Just much less fuel economy.

The Helix averages about 65mpg. I could probably eke out closer to 80mpg if I rode it reasonably.

My 2014 Prius C averages 54 MPG half city, half highway.

At 70 mph, the engine tachs at 2,100 RPM.

In city only driving the average is 61 MPG.

0-60 is 10.5 seconds.

Both the Firebird and the tC average around 23-24mpg in mostly highway driving, but I do like to drive them spiritedly from time to time. I have gotten as high as 30 in the Firebird and the highest I've seen in the tC so far is around 25 or 26.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Both the Firebird and the tC average around 23-24mpg in mostly highway driving, but I do like to drive them spiritedly from time to time. I have gotten as high as 30 in the Firebird and the highest I've seen in the tC so far is around 25 or 26.
That's terrible mileage for a tC! Is there something wrong with it?

07 MDX 19MPG mostly around town - (rated 15/20)
05 Legacy turbo wagon 5mt - 23MPG mixed (rated 17/23)

We own (key word) fuel pigs but they are paid for. At least fuel is cheap currently and HP is plentiful(250HP Legacy and 300HP MDX).

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
That's terrible mileage for a tC! Is there something wrong with it?

It's not that far off from what a 2008 Scion tC should get. It's rated 21/29 (auto) or 20/27 (manual). If you include production variables, driving style, and climate (Michigan = cold), and mid-20s on the highway is completely reasonable.

If he drove it around Arizona, with its much warmer climate, he'd probably see upper 20s or 30 on the highway. Temperature can make a big difference with some vehicles.

I'm sure the car is running just fine.

Lately the avg mpg readout in the Forester has settled on 25.8, have to check the trip odo but I think the span is about 1500 miles during these cool spring temps. Mixed city/suburban, no highway cruising yet but that will change come summer.

Back to 32-33 mpg for the Focus with warm weather and summer tires back on. I've put in some 1 step cooler copper plugs with a slightly increased gap that were supposed to increase hp and mileage a tick or two according to the guys on the Focus forum, but I can't say I've noticed much difference.

Filled up this morning and got 23.9 mpg on a tank of 89 E10, which is hardly better than the number I last got on 87. The car seemed a bit more responsive the last 10 days on the higher octane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back