What is this stuff (diamond atf sp ii m ) trans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until about 2006, Chrysler and Mitsubishi had a partnership.
Chrysler, for many years sold rebadged mitsubishi products. If you took your mitsubishi made chrysler car in for service, the
Chrysler dealer would use atf+3 for diamond sp2 and later they used atf+4 for both diamon sp2 + sp3. A few years back, someone on this form posted the detailed info about this.

I have two mitsubishi made chrysler sebrings. I am currently using atf+4 in both tranies and both power steering systems that call for diamond sp3 in the trans and diamon sp2 in the power steering.

atf+4 is as close to the diamond products as your going to get.
Some have used the multi car import stuff with good results, but I chose to use what the dealer uses (atf+4).

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: Tempest
I've had Amsoil in my Father's Elantra for ~25K and all is well.

Does that guarantee another 25k trouble free?

Thats like saying my timing belt hasn't broken yet when it's spec'ed for change at 60k and you have 75k on it.

Not really a good analogy. Not only do we have Tempest's good usage report we have people with many more miles with no issues, and we the rigorous testing Amsoil did before they approved ATF for the Diamond SP II & III applications.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I've had Amsoil in my Father's Elantra for ~25K and all is well.

Does that guarantee another 25k trouble free?

Thats like saying my timing belt hasn't broken yet when it's spec'ed for change at 60k and you have 75k on it.

Not really a good analogy. Not only do we have Tempest's good usage report we have people with many more miles with no issues, and we the rigorous testing Amsoil did before they approved ATF for the Diamond SP II & III applications.

May not be a good analogy in your mind but the final proof in the pudding so to speak is would the manufacturer replace the tranny under the 100,000 mile guarantee if the tranny failed with another brand of fluid in the box. Give a varified answer to that.

May not be a good analogy in your mind but the final proof in the pudding so to speak is would the manufacturer replace the tranny under the 100,000 mile guarantee if the tranny failed with another brand of fluid in the box. Give a varified answer to that.

Yes. He would have to prove the failure cause was the fluid.

I used the Amsoil because SPIII has shown very poor UOA's here and the Amsoil was about the same price as the SPIII at the dealer.

Amsoil ATF has show good UOA's here and has worked fine in 3 different cars I have put it in.

Hyundai has very successfully scared people into only using their brand fluid.

I used the Amsoil because SPIII has shown very poor UOA's here and the Amsoil was about the same price as the SPIII at the dealer.

Amsoil ATF has show good UOA's here and has worked fine in 3 different cars I have put it in.

Hyundai has very successfully scared people into only using their brand fluid.

The same is true for KIA. As noted ealier "If" one has tranny problems with non OEM tranny fluid, and their still under warrenty they have problems. Check it out on the Hyundi and KIA forums.

I'm using Amsoil instead of Hyundai SPIII in my Hyundai Santa Fe and it shifts much better and stays clean until I change it out unlike the dealer stuff.

If you can't afford the Amsoil stuff I would use the Castrol Mutli-Vehicle Import stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back