What is the best "bang for your buck" Group III SYN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
racer12306...thank you. A mechanic of mine says rotella t 5w40 is the best oil for the price. I have a 2.3 focus and would consider using this oil in hot summer months.

The Mobil 5000 is a backward rated SL and CD...good for Older Diesel's too. At 89Cents after a rebate at Kragens not too bad a deal.

Older specs which it still meets. They are not current specs, but the oil is not designed primarily for them. Any diesel-spec for a PCMO is pretty good.

Yes, The 7500 is something like 70%-80% GIII and the remainder is G-IV PAO synthetic. So it is the best bang in a GIII for the money. It does not have a fancy additive package though it is preety basic dino oil like additive package.

quote:

Ray, didn't you see the whole line of posts from Carpy, our resident XOM tech? iirc, follow-up calls to XOM by members confirmed his asertions.

Carpy wasn't who he appeared to be. I believe he was banned from this board.

Sprint, looking at the pour point etc, it has to be GrIII.

I've had one tech say GrIII, and another say PAO.

[ January 28, 2006, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Shannow ]

I looked at the Mobil 7500 last week at Kragens/Shucks and it was called a Blend....interesting? the theory keeps going back and forth....is it Group 3? or IV mixed with dino? Or does Mobil not think that 3 is synthetic? wow...

Anyway just under 3 bucks a qt....

My vote, Chevron Supreme Synthetic, but they don't have any flashy advertising or a cult following so there isn't to much notice taken of a very good oil.

quote:

Originally posted by LarryL:
My vote, Chevron Supreme Synthetic, but they don't have any flashy advertising or a cult following so there isn't to much notice taken of a very good oil.

Might also have to do with it's availability...I've never seen any Chevron oils on shelves here in PA. Havoline, yes...but no Chevron to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back