What is Sound Screen?

SoundScreen® acoustic windshields and doors are specifically engineered performance parts installed in nearly all Ford and Lincoln models – canceling noise surrounding your vehicle and improving your overall experience within your vehicle.

These factory installed auto glass or original equipment parts reduce road, wind and other exterior noise to maintain the original quiet ride of your vehicle.

When replacing your broken windshield or door glass, don’t sacrifice performance or comfort! Maintain the ride you’ve come to expect with SoundScreen acoustic glass… it’s quietly exceeding expectations!

SoundScreen is a Ford(now Carlex/Central Glass who bought out Ford’s former glass ops) trademark for acoustic glass. Acoustic glass cuts down on noise transmission.

There’s aftermarket acoustic glass on the market - it’s marked either acoustic or has a ear in a box icon on the “bug”. But, not all replacement glass is an acceptable replacement.

My Lucerne has what they call QuietTuning. The glass is laminated among other things, I have to say it is one of the quietest cars I have ever been in.

Back