What is NOACK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Capa
What is NOACK? The new Kool-aid on BITOG.

That's borderline troll-baiting. Why are you making such a wild statement without backing it up?

Quote:
What's the NOACK of lacquer thinner ?

Quote:

Now things are really getting silly and deviates from a valid technical question the OP wanted an answer for.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: Capa

That's borderline troll-baiting. Why are you making such a wild statement without backing it up?

I thought that I'd break up some of the bickering with a statement that was said partly in jest but with some truth. We all remember the VI Kool-aid, German Castrol Kool-aid, etc.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Now things are really getting silly and deviates from a valid technical question the OP wanted an answer for.

I think it's a valid question. It would be interesting to know as a comparison number to motor oil.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Lurgi
As always MolaKule, thank you for your valuable input.

Is that a hint ? I think that's a hint.
grin.gif

I think it's a valid question. It would be interesting to know as a comparison number to motor oil.
grin.gif

Valid or not, the question is just plain silly. What percentage of a sample of lacquer thinner will evaporate in an hour when heated to 250°C? How are you even going to get your lacquer thinner that hot without pressurizing it and invalidating your test results?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yonyon
Valid or not, the question is just plain silly. What percentage of a sample of lacquer thinner will evaporate in an hour when heated to 250°C? How are you even going to get your lacquer thinner that hot without pressurizing it and invalidating your test results?

Does it have to be there for a whole hour at 250* C ?

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

I think it's a valid question.

It's only valid if you're planning to run lacquer thinner in your engine.

Originally Posted By: yonyon

grin.gif

You don't have to get the laquer thinner that hot, if the vessel is empty after sitting for an hour at 250, 100% is a pretty good benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back