What is more important to you? A detailed interior or exterior?

My interior right now is free of debris but it is full of dust and needs a full cleaning. I can get the outside clean easy......the inside is a pain and really should be done once a month.

We live on a farm. Love, enjoy, and work in the outdoors every single day. Our entire life involves mess. Heck, my wife once transported a pig to the butcher in the backseat (removed) of our Chevy Celebrity. Enough said.

I prefer a moderate amount of orderliness indoors and inside/outside the car, which gets washed at least twice a year when I do a thorough detailing. As much as my OCD is, I am so glad my life no longer revolves around it. Been there, done that. No one can judge or convey to others about their chosen, sometimes misplaced values. Recognizing the important aspects of life is one of the very few benefits of old age.................wisdom.

Moderately clean inside/outside of car (no preference) = gute enuff.

Last edited:
My interior stays clean with only the wife and me in the car, HATE driving around in a dirty car, see so many cars with the exterior looks like crap, faded paint mud and street grime, can only imagine what the inside looks like. :poop:
need-car-wash.jpg

Interior...

I see and experience the interior... others see and experience the exterior... if I cared more about what others saw or thought than what I saw or thought, that would be pretty messed up...

Do not get me wrong, keep the exterior clean and free of mud and road salt - but not detailed - a simple wash and wax is good enough for me.

The interior is more important but I clean the exterior more often, and neither often enough.

The interior is in very good condition, and I'm going to have it detailed sometime in the next couple-three months. The exterior gets a car wash at reasonable intervals.

Going off what I do… neither.

Its nice to have ‘em both clean but I find stuff piles up in the back seat. Plus I find it wild how clean both inside and out stays, now that I rarely drive anywhere where there is dirt. My wife OTOH drives just a bit on dirt, but often, and it seems a day after washing I am unable to tell.

Interior. I also like a really clean engine bay. I stay on top of both so they never get too dirty.

I don't let either get out of hand and usually both the exterior and interior get cleaned once a week or every other week. Having said that if I only have time for one, I'll wash the exterior and skip the interior for a week. As careful as I am to keep the cars clean I could really go over a month easily without touching the interior and it would still look cleaner than 90% of cars on the road.

Interior for sure. A lot of times I'll just do a quick vacuum of the front mats just to keep things tidy, takes like 2 mins.

Interior. I don't want to sit in trash and filth and won't subject friends and family to it either.
It's not hard to keep it clean inside. Doesn't need to be perfect, but pleasant with no trash and garbage smells.

Ooh! That's a good question. I love the look of my car after I've freshly washed and waxed, and detailed the wheels and tires. But I can't take a dirty interior. I can't let paper and such collect in my car. Trash gets tossed out whenever I get home, or even when I stop at a store, I'll pick up trash and drop it in the trash can at the front of the store.

In the winter, when it is hard to keep the exterior looking nice, I still clean the interior. So I guess I'd have to say, I'm more particular about the interior.

Back