What I learned

As some BITOGERS know I was out in Boiling Springs PA area. Last Saturday I arrived, got home today around 12:30~ pm

Nephews love “electronic devices”. Brother and I sat them down and explained that “uncle Adam” came far distance to see them. Oldest nephew already bow hunts, youngest is in choir and a writer; look out. Both nephews love to build a fire also.

To sum this all up: I enjoyed a ton of craft beers from Evergrain Brewing (highly recommend: hint GON) and ate too much thanksgiving day and days after. I have 20 meals left to eat. Be thankful for what you have and don’t look back and live for today.

Also, brown/black brake fluid isn’t safe. After the flush on stepfathers 1990 Pontiac Formula 305 v-8 powered car it stops great.

That is all, happy Sunday and sorry for long winded post. I enjoyed myself

As some BITOGERS know I was out in Boiling Springs PA area. Last Saturday I arrived, got home today around 12:30~ pm

Nephews love “electronic devices”. Brother and I sat them down and explained that “uncle Adam” came far distance to see them. Oldest nephew already bow hunts, youngest is in choir and a writer; look out. Both nephews love to build a fire also.

To sum this all up: I enjoyed a ton of craft beers from Evergrain Brewing (highly recommend: hint GON) and ate too much thanksgiving day and days after. I have 20 meals left to eat. Be thankful for what you have and don’t look back and live for today.

Also, brown/black brake fluid isn’t safe. After the flush on stepfathers 1990 Pontiac Formula 305 v-8 powered car it stops great.

That is all, happy Sunday and sorry for long winded post. I enjoyed myself
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. Wondering if that brake system had ever been flushed. It’s a miracle that car had any braking at all. Based of the overall recommendations from BITOG folks brake system flushes should be flushed at least every two years. Don’t eat too much…like me.

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. Wondering if that brake system had ever been flushed. It’s a miracle that car had any braking at all. Based of the overall recommendations from BITOG folks brake system flushes should be flushed at least every two years. Don’t eat too much…like me.

Story stepdad gave brother and I

Was going to car show at Carlisle this summer; started smelling burning brake, limped vehicle home. Ordered new front brake hoses and calipers and pads. Brother cut one apart; dry rot. Halfway thru. Didn’t take pic as phone was dead. Brother wanted all new clean and clear fluid in system. We succeeded. Left front rotor had hard stop marks on it too, right front had none. Car is manual trans also. We also made stepdad take car to tire shop to have the new Goodyear tires stepdad ordered online installed. Stepdad whined, etc. I shut him up saying “would you put my mom or your WIFE in this with THESE BALD TIRES? Silence

Yep. That generation is very frugal with money. Almost to their own detriment. My dad was the same. Sometimes painting the picture with extreme examples is the only way to convince them that spending some money for safe and reliable transportation is required.

20yr + brake hoses are have reached the end of their safe service life. AMHIK. Actually it is closer to 25, but opt for safety. How are the hard lines?

Back