What happened to the Purolator post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
I knew something was up from the start as I've signed numerous non-disclosure agreements and a non-compete for 1 year agreement once in a career in manufacturing, and there's never been any provision for not discussing working conditions at a workplace. I doubt such a clause would be legally enforceable in the USA. No way the legal staff at a large company like M&H or Purolator would let someone put such a clause in an exit document.

You weren't the only person who smelt a rat, not me, but member ZeeOSix couldn't quite believe the troll's explanation of how the rips were formed by the folding machine. The troll said the rips were made during production and before the filter was used in a car, yet the rips were only ever spotted in used filters, never fresh dissected ones and a few other issues technical like that. Also member CharlieBauer could quite believe the troll's quoted production figures.

This is all going by memory, but there were quite a few requests for more detail to the troll's explanation. The thing was, it was a new poster, and they were being treated politely and in a friendly manner. So they weren't called out, but rather they were thanked and asked for a little more information. It wouldn't have lasted much longer, as their story wasn't fully adding up in little ways, and you could see the cracks appearing. But they were given the benefit of the doubt, as a new person, and a chance to offer more detail.

I think they were treated with polite respect, but this respect was not returned.

I knew something was up from the start as I've signed numerous non-disclosure agreements and a non-compete for 1 year agreement once in a career in manufacturing, and there's never been any provision for not discussing working conditions at a workplace. I doubt such a clause would be legally enforceable in the USA. No way the legal staff at a large company like M&H or Purolator would let someone put such a clause in an exit document.

I've worked for a large US-based multinational, and that statement is incompatible with my recollection of the document I was asked to sign as a condition of redundancy payment, though I did not sign it.

My only reservation was the one year limit on disclosure. I can't remember any such limitation.

I was working in London, though, which might make a difference.

Last edited:
The key to the admission of trolling imo was when "Gordo" ended one paragraph by saying, 'in fact you could say it's moribund, man.' Many long time members would recognize that name in the 'you've been expertly trolled' admission. Without going into detail, comments outside of the M&H Puro specific comments, including the previously noted paragraph would be consistent in it's detail with mori.

As regards the actual troll post, there was enough known facts mixed with plausible facts, combined with complete [censored] that made it believable. To use another phrase, he spun quite a yarn. Obviously.

So it's clear why the smilie/emoticon for trolling is apt.
Trolling.gif

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
moribund, man.

What ever happened to him? I haven't seen that name in forever!

^^^^After reading the troll admission post I had no doubt the 'Gordo' name would be banned or that he was trolling. That was an easy one, no brainer as they say. Not going to say after the fact though that I knew he was a trolling all along as that would be disingenuous. As said, he spun quite a yarn.

Wow - silenced by Batman? Taken away to Arkham Asylum for good this time?
ROFL! Good one!

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
^^^^After reading the troll admission post I had no doubt the 'Gordo' name would be banned or that he was trolling. That was an easy one, no brainer as they say. Not going to say after the fact though that I knew he was a trolling all along as that would be disingenuous. As said, he spun quite a yarn.
And he still has the Framboys on the hook.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I wish I would've seen the troll admission post! What a trip! Anyone have it saved?

I could only find one page of the thread cached: LINK

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I wish I would've seen the troll admission post! What a trip! Anyone have it saved?

Thanks! Man that's crazy! So the op was Mori?

He did actually prove his stated point about folks taking things at face value and then restating them as fact... it was reposted to at least two other forums...

I’d actually have rather seen it kept as a cautionary tale with a warning added to it... but whatever...

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Thanks! Man that's crazy! So the op was Mori?
No, that isn't Mori's style. Mori wouldn't write like that.

Originally Posted By: Dave424
Originally Posted By: SaturnIonVue
Wow. If that post was a troll, I would sure like to know what disinformation would have looked like! I'd bet he got threatened or otherwise silenced. My B.S. alarm never once went off. Something isn't what it seems here.

Agree. Hard to believe a troll would invest so much time and gain so much technical knowledge about the oil filter manufacturing process. I say poor guy got threatened.

Never mind, I think he does have too much time on his hands which he uses for trolling.
Check out his post on Hyundai forums.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/md-2011-2016-elantra-sedan-coupe/154087-official-oil-thread-89.html

Originally Posted By: SaturnIonVue
Wow. If that post was a troll, I would sure like to know what disinformation would have looked like! I'd bet he got threatened or otherwise silenced. My B.S. alarm never once went off. Something isn't what it seems here.

Agree. Hard to believe a troll would invest so much time and gain so much technical knowledge about the oil filter manufacturing process. I say poor guy got threatened.

Never mind, I think he does have too much time on his hands which he uses for trolling.
Check out his post on Hyundai forums.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/md-2011-2016-elantra-sedan-coupe/154087-official-oil-thread-89.html

Post #887 said:
"The torn Purolator examples were set up in a spread sheet there were so many and now I believe Purolator has a rep there too."

It's true there was a spreadsheet created to track torn Purolator/Bosch/Motorcraft/Off brand Purolator built filters, but there has never been a real "Purolator Rep" on BITOG.

Guys ,you want free tip?when you grab an oil filter, open the box the the filter .is the open end going in properly sealed ?no?then find a brand that bother sealing the opening .this prevent a lot of problem. Otherwise its very easy to by crafter pic set and tear media from the center tube etc .if drivework manage to do it I don't see why other wouldn't.this tip alone should save you ton of headacke

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
Guys ,you want free tip?when you grab an oil filter, open the box the the filter .is the open end going in properly sealed ?no?then find a brand that bother sealing the opening .this prevent a lot of problem. Otherwise its very easy to by crafter pic set and tear media from the center tube etc .if drivework manage to do it I don't see why other wouldn't.this tip alone should save you ton of headacke

So you're claiming that people are bringing a craft pick set to the store and removing filters from the box and tearing the media with the pick through the center tube? Hummmm ...
crazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back