What happened to the Purolator post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
I knew something was up from the start as I've signed numerous non-disclosure agreements and a non-compete for 1 year agreement once in a career in manufacturing, and there's never been any provision for not discussing working conditions at a workplace. I doubt such a clause would be legally enforceable in the USA. No way the legal staff at a large company like M&H or Purolator would let someone put such a clause in an exit document.

I've worked for a large US-based multinational, and that statement is incompatible with my recollection of the document I was asked to sign as a condition of redundancy payment, though I did not sign it.

My only reservation was the one year limit on disclosure. I can't remember any such limitation.

I was working in London, though, which might make a difference.

I was told to sign agreements as a condition for employment which included non disclosure, no negative talk of company or employees and even waiving my rights to a jury trial to settle any disputes. Any disputes had to be settled by some "paid off" arbritrator and 30+ pages of other nonsense. I left them after many years of loyal service. Enough was enough.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
...Thanks! Man that's crazy! So the op was Mori?

As I stated, based on the information provided outside M&H Puro information, and added to the name drop, I believe so. The AutoRx reference to banishment would be very consistent ARX thought at the time vs mori's. Nuf said, on that. While I won't put a % on it, high confidence it was mori. Lacking that, someone with very accurate historical information going wayyyyy out of their way to make it sound and appear that way. All things considered, I believe the former much more likely.

Crazy and I'm surprised that his thread got linked to other forums so quickly. One poster on one of them seems to have a fair amount of bitog history and similar thoughts to mori.

I'd add in hindsight, for my one reply on that thread I'd have added the qualifier 'if true' to start the comment. Normally would have, but left off that one. Based on a fair amount of personal experience with the product though, the posted anecdotes and the timing of with them, I'll stand with who holds ultimate responsibility for QC issues as posted. Mori's creative trolling thread aside, that opinion hasn't changed.

In any event, it's good for it to be removed. Otherwise, it'll just show up in search engine queries and wind up being taken as the truth. There's no need to perpetuate the hoax. It is unfortunate. People come here for information, not to get gibberish like that. I have as much of a sense of humor as the next guy, and love a good hoax, but this would have the chance of getting a life of its own.

Facebook is full of hoaxes. Leave them there.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

Fake post probably came out of the ex- trolls' honeycomb hideout.

Originally Posted By: Garak
In any event, it's good for it to be removed. Otherwise, it'll just show up in search engine queries and wind up being taken as the truth. There's no need to perpetuate the hoax. It is unfortunate. People come here for information, not to get gibberish like that. I have as much of a sense of humor as the next guy, and love a good hoax, but this would have the chance of getting a life of its own.

wink.gif

That post had as much factual basis as a lot of other "information" bandied about on BITOG. Someone without a pretty decent knowledge base would be far better off just going by their owners manual than getting advise here on any topic.

Well, that depends on a couple things, first off, who you listen to, and occasionally the manual gets things wrong, or is simply confusing as heck.

I've gotten some very, very helpful advice here over the years on several topics, including more general automotive things. And yes, sometimes that advice is a stern RTFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back