What happened to the Honda UK thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit reading when OP played the "doctrinaire American hayseeds" card.

I imagine it only went farther sideways and south after that.

Originally Posted by expat
I started following it the other day, but can't find it now

That happens all the time. Threads get deleted all the time when they go political. It's somewhat annoying too as sometimes you start to question your sanity, either you're going crazy and there was no such thread or it got deleted because of political content. Now you won't know which it is...

Originally Posted by Wolf359

That happens all the time. Threads get deleted all the time when they go political. It's somewhat annoying too as sometimes you start to question your sanity, either you're going crazy and there was no such thread or it got deleted because of political content. Now you won't know which it is...

Anytime a thread or a specific post violates the Board's rules, it will get deleted without notice as per Board rules and procedures.

Originally Posted by MolaKule

Anytime a thread or a specific post violates the Board's rules, it will get deleted without notice as per Board rules and procedures.

They're not equally applied though. Lots of times you see mention of prayer which is religion and that gets through all the time. There's a few threads active now that seem to have some politics in it, but they're still ongoing. Sorta like playing with dynamite, you never know when it's going to go off.

Originally Posted by MolaKule

That's unfortunate. On the boards I moderated if a thread got into forbidden territory, it was closed with a note from the mod as to why.....and usually left otherwise intact.

This insured that
1) Members could learn what type of posting would earn a lock, and
2) preserve any valuable content contained in the thread.

There were numerous times that a thread was closed and only the offending post(s) deleted...leaving the rest of the thread available as a reference.

Any chance the mgmt would consider a change to the treatment of these threads? I know there have been some threads with great info that got deleted simply because one member went political - perhaps with intent to get the closed thread closed/deleted.

Yeah. It went very political. There was a lot of talk about the automotive aspects and perhaps some of the basic economics without going off the rails.

Darn, I only got to read the first post, I suspected it might involve Briexit

Originally Posted by expat
Darn, I only got to read the first post, I suspected it might involve Briexit

More than just that. But yeah it was a low signal to noise ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back