What grease for Slip yoke on 08 Silverado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be greasing my slip yoke on my Silverado this weekend, but I am unsure which grease I want to use. I need something that can withstand high temps and pressures and not wash out when it comes in contact with transmission fluid. I don't want to buy the stuff from the Chevy deal at $40 a tube. I have thought about either the Lucas Oil Red n' Tacky, X-tra Heavy Duty or some form of Marine grease since it does not washout and can withstand high temps and pressures.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what grease to use? From the research I've done, a lot of people go with a Marine grade grease but I'm not sure. Opinions?

I like moly for the slip yoke. I currently run Amsoil Synthetic Heavy-Duty Grease NLGI #2.

Still looking for a source for some Schaeffer's Super Moly #238.

Last edited:
Slip yokes are a specific application that grease containing Moly is designed for. The Amsoil LC #2 mentioned above is an excellent grease for such usage. If you want a grease that's easier to source in come places locally, any Ford spec. grease containing Moly (which most do) will also fit the bill.

You want either something like Honda Moly 60 or Krytox. The Honda stuff is very thick with 60% Moly and the Krytox has very few solvents so it won't wash away. The Honda stuff is inexpensive and found at Honda motorcycle dealerships and the Krytox is $$$,$$$,$$$ and hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back