What Goes Round,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comes round!

Several years ago an employee's cousin had us picking up his vehicles at his home for oil service. After several months, he traded his wife's car for a newer, nicer one. First time it needed service the air filter was dirty, held an additional quart, tires needed rotated, etc. What had been a (approx.) 12.95 service on his old car was, for initial service, $17 or so(like I said, SEVERAL years ago). Employee and I thought we were doing him a favor by treating his ride just as we would want our own done. NO!! ranted, cursed(around, never actually at me),swore to never come back around such "crooks"!

Some time later he went to work for a local fellow installing garage doors just long enough to learn suppliers and best customers, then put in his own garage door company. Has been fairly succesful (with no help from me, certainly).

Then LO-and-Behold!! He pulled up in front of shop couple weeks ago, while his employee grabbed a run flat (destroyed) trailor tire from the back, he came walking up telling me he needed to buy a used trailor tire, cause his trailor was setting on the side of the road, etc. After looking him in the eye for a few seconds, I asked him if he wasn't "Jones" of "Jones" Garage Door Co.? When he said yes, I reminded him of his ranting and cursing the last time he'd been in my place and told him I"m not interested in his business, but if he drove far enough he'd probably find someone who was. From the color change, thought the prig was gonna stroke out right there!! His employee who'd been standing there, trailor tire suspended midway to ground through this exchange threw it back into pickup and was already attempting to get back in truck as his boss turned and stormed back to his truck, yelling that he'd never be back! On his way I couldn't resist shouting "Want to take a guess where I buy my garage doors"? To which he screamed "I don't GIVE a F+$k"!

Made my entire week!!

Bob

You are a bad man, a very bad man.
01.gif

Guess he forgot or figured you had forgotten. Thats one thing I never forget a bad customer, I also never forget bad service, I may overlook it (I give a second chance if the bridge isn't burned) if the product they supply is good and not available elsewhere.

He probably tells down your shop to everyone he talks to, but you can and should do the same about his business.

You charged him $17 bucks for an oil change, air filter, and tire rotation, and he was mad? What a dip [censored]

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Drew that was several years ago,,waited a long time for this one.

Bob

I see you are a member of the "Revenge is a dish best served cold" school of thought.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Drew that was several years ago,,waited a long time for this one.

Bob

But still, for that service at most independent shops today, you'd be looking at $60 minimum - most independent shops charge a minimum $30 for an oil change. $17 several years ago sounds like a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back