What gas stations have free air?

None down here.

I bought air compressors on Amazon for $30 and keep one in all my cars.
Would you be kind enough to show us what you purchased?
How quickly can your compressor put 10 - 15 lbs of air into a tire?
Thanks!

I have a Slime tire inflator from Autozone in each vehicle. Each under $30. The box states that it inflates a standard car tire from flat to full in under 8 minutes. You can get faster versions but there is a significant price increase. It's rare that you need to fully in flate tire so you're done with a tire in roughly a minute.

Last edited:
In Ohio, Duchess stores have free air if you have one of their customer cards.

Not a gas station per se, but my two closest Lowe's in suburban Seattle have free air for "contractors." Have never seen anyone using it, so checked one last month just to see if it worked, and it worked fine.

I have a Slime tire inflator from Autozone in each vehicle. Each under $30. The box states that it inflates a standard car tire from flat to full in under 8 minutes. You can get faster versions but there is a significant price increase. It's rare that you need to fully in flate tire so you're done with a tire in roughly a minute.
Took 20 minutes to inflate a 12.5x33" LT tire from empty. I thought that was more than acceptable performance. I also have one in each vehicle.

My experience is otherwise. The Costco tire centers have had the air, not the gas station. The tire centers have had different hours than the gas station, and the last time I needed air I had to wait about 40 minutes until the tire center opened and turned on the air pump. I don't recall for sure right now, but I may have had to use my Costco card to get the air pump to work ...
all the costcos i go to have installed self serve tire machines outside in designated areas . its free to basically everyone .

My experience is otherwise. The Costco tire centers have had the air, not the gas station. The tire centers have had different hours than the gas station, and the last time I needed air I had to wait about 40 minutes until the tire center opened and turned on the air pump. I don't recall for sure right now, but I may have had to use my Costco card to get the air pump to work ...
That's how it used to be; now more and more Costcos have 4-6 parking lot stalls with DIY air pressure stations. Super easy to use.

Around here, free air at Harris Teeter store gas stations, QT/QuikTrip and all Discount Tire Stores. At DT, it's drive-up lane service done by an employee.

Stewart’s is where it’s at for there free air. Just set the machine and fill tire while waiting for the beep.
Free air in CT. Local Cumberland Farms decided to remove the automatic pressure beeping system and install one that charges you if you want the beep. No lie.

Free air, but charge if you want to have 'their machine' tell you the pressure.

Back