What ever Happened to Mobil Super

Anyone know what chain stores carry Mobil Super Blends High Mileage in the 5qt? been seeing it here and there online but no stores seem to carry it anymore.

Summit sometimes has it on sale. But you gotta pay for shipping unless you have a location close by or are adding it to a bigger order.

I’m using NAPA blend in the Hyundai right now. Got it for $16.50/5qt when they were having one of their “we aren’t charging $30 for house blend” sales.

I like reading about engine oil, but I have serious doubts about whether trying to save a buck or two using mobil super, supertech, etc. is truly economically rational behavior. Those oils are more than adequate for most of us, I just think saving three bucks per year should not generate this much conversation!

I like reading about engine oil, but I have serious doubts about whether trying to save a buck or two using mobil super, supertech, etc. is truly economically rational behavior. Those oils are more than adequate for most of us, I just think saving three bucks per year should not generate this much conversation!

tenor.gif

Just think of it as a harmless way to express our OCD (or CDO for some of us).

Deals are fun, but when I spend about as much on a tank of gas as I would on a premium oil change that will go 5k minimum, I'll buy the oil I want.

Gone are the days when I could buy a case of high quality oil (24 quarts) for $8, That was in the 1960s.

Of course, in those days a $9600 a year starting salary for a new graduate engineer was pretty good.

Back