What else do you get at gas station?

Appreciate the offer GON, but pizza sent to Iowa might not be too frozen, by the time it get's here.;)

I started working with JD in 1991. Small town about 12 miles from here. They had a Casey's too. Back then they cooked chicken as well.
The chicken was great, but they dropped it for some unknown reason? Back then, the pizza sauce left much to be desired, so I never ate it again. I never buy pizza by the slice, only a call in order, made as desired. Had a couple small places in town that served much better food.
Wish Casey's still had chicken, that was good stuff.

Now I live in another small town about 12 miles away. Must have changed the sauce, because now the best pizza in town. (in my book)
We now have 2 of those "fancy pizza joints" in this town. All kinds of weird stuff on the pizza.

Tastes must change, but mine has not. Give me a supreme pizza with thin and crispy crust and I am happy.

I have seen pics of the "fancy joints" pizza. NO THANKS! Two inches of thick crust on the outside with no sauce or toppings. Just as well order bread sticks and they would be better, at least you have dipping sauce.:) I want sauce and toppings, edge to edge.

The "fancy joints" here are mainly crust with weird stuff on top and big leaves of something or other. To each their own. Just give me hamburger, sausage, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, black olives and plenty of cheese.

Maybe I am just a grumpy old man and set in my ways. I care not. Have worked many years to be fussy, sit at my computer and whine.:sick:
JD,

Standing offer anytime. These pizza ship in a cooler/ dry ice. I send these pizzas annually at Holiday times to people that made a difference in my life, as a remembrance of their impact.

5deep2thin__06277.jpg

JD,

Standing offer anytime. These pizza ship in a cooler/ dry ice. I send these pizzas annually at Holiday times to people that made a difference in my life, as a remembrance of their impact.

View attachment 141175
I appreciate the offer GON, you are a VERY generous man! I remember you offering airline tickets off your frequent flier miles, some time ago, when I mentioned not leaving Iowa. Wish I had more friend's like you!

I have a hard time taking gifts and have worked all my life, for what little I have and have never had to suck off anybody. (Thank God)

In fact, when I get my SS check every month, I call it my "welfare check" LOL
Just not used to getting paid for sitting home. And I know I have paid into that all my life.

Be safe in your travels my friend. Best to you and you are a good man.

Our gas stations are similar to a 1980’s grocery store.

Many times milk, eggs, bananas, potatoes, onions, ground beef are actually cheaper at a gas station.

Two of the local stations have their own bakery and cooks.

Fried chicken, pizza (they can bake while you wait) and other bagged ready to cook meals made in store.

I don’t consider the cooked food top notch but cheap, fast nearby.

Otherwise if I’m on a trip I pickup fresh cheese curds or locally smoked Mennonite snack sticks . (The kind you need to refrigerate)
Some stations have dozens of different types of olde timey cured meat snack sticks mostly made by a local Mennonite company that is sort of a local tourist stop I like to occasionally visit, get bulk antique bacon tips and random sausages to grill.

Allegedly, sushi at some. "Gas station sushi" is a running joke for really questionable convenience food.

"I'm so hungry I could eat a sandwich from a gas station!"

Not me. I'm not so particular, but I witnessed my stepson get ill many times from his convenience store sandwiches.

Most of the time nothing. Driving the big U-Haul with my BIL from Arlington, TX to San Diego, CA, I fell in love with Loves stations. Great coffee and super friendly people!

Back