What else do you get at gas station?

I go in for my free sodas daily. The employees there are nice and we have went there for years. They give us free drinks and have since about 2015 or so. Can get any size and any flavor we want. They still have the old school machine and not the ones that have multiple flavors come out of the same dispenser. All the employees know us by name there. I also typically get my gum, jerky and candy bars there that I eat throughout the week. I don’t stop there in the morning except on weekends but I’m there everyday after work usually 2-3 times and weekends has been as much as 6 times a day. One of the few places around that still has foam cups. It’s a Speedway. Used to be Wilco. That’s typically the only gas station we go to. It’s near our house. And the plus is they got some good looking workers 😂. That always is a plus. If nothing else it’s worth going in to see the workers haha.

When I’m on the road I’ll occasionally get a breakfast sandwich and orange juice. Lunch I’ll get a slice of pizza and maybe a pop or something else out of the warmer. That’s usually it though. I’ve been making sandwiches and carrying them in my cooler in the truck lately though.

Pizza from Casey's. Ordered ahead of time and maybe a donut or two. The Casey's here make the best pizza in this small town.

Buy no fuel there, it is not top tier rated. Another station for fuel, but I just pay at the pump and seldom go in there.

J
Pizza from Casey's. Ordered ahead of time and maybe a donut or two. The Casey's here make the best pizza in this small town.

Buy no fuel there, it is not top tier rated. Another station for fuel, but I just pay at the pump and seldom go in there.
JD,

Decades ago I would go out of my way for a slice of Casey's pizza. As years went by, I found Casey's not have slices available past late afternoon.

I no longer like Casey's pizza like I use to. Not sure if their recipe changed, or my tastes change. Glad it still hits the spot for you. But feel free to pm me your address, and I will send you some frozen pizza that will likely change the way you rate pizzas.

I go in for my free sodas daily. The employees there are nice and we have went there for years. They give us free drinks and have since about 2015 or so. Can get any size and any flavor we want. They still have the old school machine and not the ones that have multiple flavors come out of the same dispenser. All the employees know us by name there. I also typically get my gum, jerky and candy bars there that I eat throughout the week. I don’t stop there in the morning except on weekends but I’m there everyday after work usually 2-3 times and weekends has been as much as 6 times a day. One of the few places around that still has foam cups. It’s a Speedway. Used to be Wilco. That’s typically the only gas station we go to. It’s near our house. And the plus is they got some good looking workers 😂. That always is a plus. If nothing else it’s worth going in to see the workers haha.
The free sodas are not free. You will pay for them later in life, it will be called something like novolog, metformin, glucotrol, insulin.
Not to mention the risk of NAFLD. (Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease).
I won't drink that even if it's free.

We just got a shell station at the pavement. It's very high priced. But if you just want an ice cream or soda it's still cheaper than driving all the way to town and back.

Plus there is usually a taco truck in the parking lot

Go in? Not a chance with cr*p like this going on.

gas station.jpg

For what it is, I genuinely enjoy their pizza. I'd pick it over the major chains, and the convenience of being able to grab a slice as a snack/meal when out and about/running errands/traveling is pretty great. The crust is very good, and its proportions are what I prefer in pizza (not super bread-heavy or loaded full of sauce, plenty of cheese).

My hometown in southern MN is in the overlap of Casey's and Kwik Trip territory (we have lots of both around), so the gas station food I was used to was a couple cuts above the typical standard Speedway etc. fare.

I typically only get gas at one place, and seem to have good fuel (along with ethanol free gas and offroad diesel). They're also a small truck stop that serves some darn fine fried chicken (and was voted best in area a couple times). Clean store and clean restrooms. Saturday before work I'll fill up the truck and get an order of chicken gizzards, which most find disgusting, but they make them pretty good. Also have ordered subs and even a full plate egg breakfast. They'll make whatever you want pretty much.

It's gotten to the point the other day the lady called out my number, seen me, and went, "oh, it's you" :ROFLMAO:

J

JD,

Decades ago I would go out of my way for a slice of Casey's pizza. As years went by, I found Casey's not have slices available past late afternoon.

I no longer like Casey's pizza like I use to. Not sure if their recipe changed, or my tastes change. Glad it still hits the spot for you. But feel free to pm me your address, and I will send you some frozen pizza that will likely change the way you rate pizzas.
Appreciate the offer GON, but pizza sent to Iowa might not be too frozen, by the time it get's here.;)

I started working with JD in 1991. Small town about 12 miles from here. They had a Casey's too. Back then they cooked chicken as well.
The chicken was great, but they dropped it for some unknown reason? Back then, the pizza sauce left much to be desired, so I never ate it again. I never buy pizza by the slice, only a call in order, made as desired. Had a couple small places in town that served much better food.
Wish Casey's still had chicken, that was good stuff.

Now I live in another small town about 12 miles away. Must have changed the sauce, because now the best pizza in town. (in my book)
We now have 2 of those "fancy pizza joints" in this town. All kinds of weird stuff on the pizza.

Tastes must change, but mine has not. Give me a supreme pizza with thin and crispy crust and I am happy.

I have seen pics of the "fancy joints" pizza. NO THANKS! Two inches of thick crust on the outside with no sauce or toppings. Just as well order bread sticks and they would be better, at least you have dipping sauce.:) I want sauce and toppings, edge to edge.

The "fancy joints" here are mainly crust with weird stuff on top and big leaves of something or other. To each their own. Just give me hamburger, sausage, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, black olives and plenty of cheese.

Maybe I am just a grumpy old man and set in my ways. I care not. Have worked many years to be fussy, sit at my computer and whine.:sick:

Reactions: GON
Gasoline, and, if I'm lucky, a receipt for it from the pump.
Once long, long ago, a grease job and a fan belt for the old Chevy listed below.

Back