What does "Ecore" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ecore, noun. Synonyms: junk, cheap, cost-cutter design, oil filter with a plastic center cage with huge openings.

:)

Actually they're probably fine for most applications. In high-flow, high-volume oiling systems there's always a concern of the media caving in through the large openings in the plastic center cage, going through the oiling system, and plugging every small opening possible. Too much of a risk for me to justify the lower cost. When they work, they work. When they go bad, they can potentially do a huge amount of damage. For example, I've had a Fram fail by collapsing many years ago, but EVEN THEN, the filter media couldn't tear loose and get through the rest of the system, because the small holes in the center tube prevented it.

What does "Ecore" mean?

It means I won't use them
eek.gif
... for the very reasons 440Magnum mentioned above.

Thanks to all of you. I've learned something new today. Will start looking more closely before I buy, although I don't normally use lower priced filters other than recently used Supertech in my Honda 600 cycle. It gets changed every 3-4K.

Thanks webfors, I hadn't run across your filter threat before stumbling upon it on here. Reaffirms my caution to stay away from Ecores and pay for the better filter.

Originally Posted By: InvalidUserID
Thanks webfors, I hadn't run across your filter threat before stumbling upon it on here. Reaffirms my caution to stay away from Ecores and pay for the better filter.

sad thing is they are only $0.10 cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back