What do you think about this oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you folks think about this oil? Sorry for the formating.

Multi-Viscosity Motor Oil
Synthetic Blend
SAE 5W/20, 5W/30 And 10W/30 FORMULATED WITH GROUP III BASE OILS
FOR THE LATEST GASOLINE ENGINES
IMPROVED PERFORMANCE ADDITIVES
PROVIDES WINTER AND SUMMER PROTECTION
CONTAINS SUPERIOR ADDITIVES
REDUCE WEAR AND EXTEND EQUIPMENT LIFE

PRO-SPEC® MULTI-VISCOSITY MOTOR OIL helps provide longer engine life through careful selection of base oils and careful blending of excellent additives.

PRO-SPEC® MULTI-VISCOSITY MOTOR OIL 5W20, 5W/30 and 10W/30 provides premium performance and protection for the severe service, medium and light duty applications found in passenger vehicles. This oil provides maximum protection and extended oil change intervals with laboratory analysis for all types of industries, including gasoline passenger vehicles found in construction, logging, farming, city transit and others.

High Quality Base Stocks

A blend of synthetic oil, which incorporates the purest and finest severely hydro-cracked and hydro-finished base stocks available. This unique combination of base stocks provides improved oil flow for superior cold cranking protection. In addition, when high engine operating temperatures are encountered, which is common in today's low emission engines, this unique synthetic blend ensures a superior oil film of protection for vital moving engines parts.

The pure and highly refined base stocks contribute to an oil with low oil volatility. Because of the base stocks ability to resist oxidation during high heat operation, you use less oil due to consumption and evaporation. This means longer service life for the oil and reduced oil consumption, yet better engine protection. PRO-SPEC® base stock, along with an outstanding additive package, means no varnish, gum or sludge build-up on internal engine parts.

For The Latest Gasoline Engines

Manufacturers have changed engine designs to lower emis- sions, improve fuel economy, and lubricant manufacturers have adopted new testing procedures, which are more relevant to the modern-day needs of the original equipment manufacturers.

PRO-SPEC® meets the latest gasoline engine specifications, both under the American Petroleum Institute's (API) standard and the International Lubricants Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) standard. PRO-SPEC® is formulated to meet API's SM category, ILSAC's GF-4 and the new proposed GF-5 category. Key benefits are improved fuel economy, reduced oxidative thickening, better high-temperature deposit control and lower oil consumption.

Improved Performance Additives

PRO-SPEC's formulation provides improved performance in the latest gasoline engines. Fuel economy benefits are improved, including fuel economy durability which is a demonstration of fuel economy throughout the oil drain interval period. Enhance- ments of the formulation with friction modifiers and superior detergents will help achieve these fuel economy benefits.

PRO-SPEC® meets the GF-4 and the new proposed GF-5 category, which addresses the need for emissions system protection, improved high temperature deposit control and oil consumption, as well as the fuel economy benefits. Extensive testing has been carried out to ensure protection against sludge, varnish, corrosion, wear and oxidation.

Provides Winter & Summer Protection

PRO-SPEC® MULTI-VISCOSITY MOTOR OIL for gasoline engines provides an easy start in the winter, plus extra protection in the summer. The multi-viscosity capabilities allow the oil to flow quickly, resulting in quicker warm-ups. At the same time, the engine receives protection because it maintains its viscosity at higher temperatures. PRO-SPEC® is available in 5W/20, 5W/30 and 10W/30 weights.
Contains Superior Additives
Contains several superior additives. Texas Refinery utilizes high quality zinc anti-wear protection. Other special additives inhibit rust, corrosion, oxidation and foaming. Able to virtually eliminate sludging, allowing longer drain intervals. The increased drain interval, with protection to the equipment, translates into a very economical oil.

Reduce Wear and Extend Equipment Life

The special additive package separates it from the everyday
brand of motor oil now being used. Its unique additive package contains special friction modifiers.

These special friction modifiers provide a full fluid film lubricant between moving parts. This special friction modifier helps reduce wear, extend equipment life, reduce maintenance cost and can even help improve fuel economy.

ASTM TEST METHOD TEST 5W/20 5W/30 10W/30
Product Code #6706 #6712 #6723
D287 API Gravity 33 29/31 29/31
D287 Specific Gravity at 60°F 0.86 0.86 0.86
D446 Viscosity @ 210°F, SUS, 55.0 60.0 65.0
D446 Viscosity @ 100°F, SUS, 245.0 300.0 350.0
D2270 Viscosity Index 150.0 150.0 150.0
D5293 Vis @ -25°C, CCS, cP --- --- 7000 max
D5293 Vis @ -30°C, CCS, cP 6600max 6600max ---
D4684 Vis @ -30°C, MRV-TP-1, cP--- --- 25,500
D4684 Vis @ -35°C, MRV-TP-1, cP39,000 40,000 ---
D92 Flash Point, °F., COC, Minimum 380°F.
(193°C.) 380°F. (193°C.) 385°F. (196°C.)
D92 Fire Point, °F., COC, Minimum 400°F.
(204°C.) 400°F. (204°C.) 410°F. (210°C.)
D97 Pour Point, °F -50°F.
(-46°C.) -45°F. (-42°C.) -35°F. (-37°C.)
D874 Sulfated Ash, Wt. % Maximum 1.55 1.55 1.55
D2896 Total Base No., Mg KOH/gm 15 Plus 15 Plus 15 Plus
D664 Total Acid No., Mg KOH/g 2 2 2
D892 Foam Tendency/Stability
Sequence I 0/0 0/0 0/0
Sequence II 0/0 0/0 0/0
Sequence III 0/0 0/0 0/0
D6082 High Temperature Foam Tendency/ Stability 20/0 20/0 10/0
Calcium, Wt. %, Typical 0.42 0.42 0.42
Zinc, Wt. %, Typical 0.08 0.08 0.08
Nitrogen, Wt. %, Typical 0.10 0.10 0.10
Phosphorus, Wt. % Maximum 0.08 0.08 0.08

Good stuff but a rather high min order. I think free shipping on order of 350.00 or more, but the qt price is decent.

Last edited:
I do remember that thread and thus the reason I started this one. It looks like an extrememly good product, maybe better, or at least as good, as the other "boutiques" out there that we talk about every day. I am just trying to get this product looked at by a larger community than those that only look in the UOA section.

Last edited:
True but most boutiques have their advantages. I think the reason people will question its durability is beacuse it's is still group 3. This will question it abilty to stay in grade for true exrtended drains. Myself I like a good TBN but kinda think to much takes away from the actual lubricating property of oil itself. They state 15 plus so who really knows how much really is in it.

Looking at product people want to see realworld results. Weather the TBN is there or not they wanna see wear metals and that bottom part of the UOA where it has sheared. IMO TBN doesnt mean squat if the product is out of grade in 8,000 miles.

It would appear that TRC makes lubricants for heavy machinery, over the road vehicles, and farm equipment which is where I think the PCMO came from. IE, an oil for farmer’s pick up trucks and the like that experience a lot of severe duty service including long idle times, very dusty like conditions, and trailering livestock.

Yes, it is a GPIII but the 5W20 has a pour point of -50 so there might be some good stuff in there as well. Website says it is for…..

Meets and/or exceeds MIL-L-46152B, GM6048M, GM6085M, GM6094M, Ford M2C153E, Ford M2C153F, Ford M2C153G, Ford M2C205A, Ford M2C153H, M2C913A, M2C913B, M2C929A, M2C930A, Daimler-Chrysler MS-6365-D, Daimler-Chrysler MS-6395-H, API SC, SD, SE, SF, SG, SH, SJ, SL, SM, Energy Conserving, ILSAC GF-1, GF-2, GF-3, GF-4 and the new proposed GF-5.

However, the Corvette and HT0-06 specs are not noted. Additionally, it does not say it is API certified saying only they meet or exceed the above noted specs.

Response to my questions to TRC.

I’d like to give you the information you requested, as well as some additional information regarding our oils.

Noack on the 5/20 is 12, and Noack on the 5W/30 is 11.5.

HT/HS on the 5/20 is 3.4 and HT/HS on the 5/30 is 3.5.

Texas Refinery filters our oils down to 10 microns before filling into a new drum. We pay the freight to destination on any orders above $350. Also, we offer to customers purchasing our oil an oil analysis program at no charge. WearCheck USA is the laboratory that tests used oil for our customers and provides indepth analysis for them. The oil analysis kit and the oil analysis are both provided at no charge to customers purchasing our oil.

I’d welcome the chance to visit with you more. If I can help, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back