What do you keep in your car?

My AAA roadside assistance card. My battery unexpectedly died yesterday, called and they were there in 20 minutes and jumped the battery, then I went and bought a new one.

Tools, jumper cables, hi lift and bottle jacks, winch accessories …
phone chargers, skeeter repellent, sunscreen, OTC meds like Advil etc … FA kit … extra bottles of water … blue paper towels like the parts houses sell … Flashlights … tire plug kits and 12v compressor … electrical and Duct tape !!!!
(there is normally a folding chair for a spontaneous diversion to beach😎)

Last edited:
In the tire well I keep the spare tire kit I had to buy because Kia only supplied a mobility kit with tire goo and an air compressor. In the little foam compartment above the tire well I keep a different air compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter and a little snow brush and ice scraper. On top of that, I have a milk crate with a gallon of wiper fluid, a quart of whatever oil I’m using at the time, a roll of paper towels, a bottle of turtle wax seal and shine, ice spray wax, dash and glass interior cleaner, spray way glass cleaner, a bag of microfiber towels and a mini blind I keep forgetting to bring in.

In the glove box I keep the owners manual and registration, a flashlight, tire pressure gauge, and a couple of pens and small notebook.

In the center console armrest, I have another pen, a pile of napkins, 3 McD’s BBQ sauce, 1 Wendy’s S’awesome sauce, and an eyeglass cleaner cloth.

On the windshield I have an old Garmin Nuvi GPS. In the little cubby in front of the gear shifter I have a Kia Hamster, a Refresh gel air freshener and a charger cable.

Last edited:
Customized tool kit, foot pump, tire plugs, oil, coolant concentrate, water, comprehensive first aid kit, warning triangle, electric flares, tow rope, several knives, a foldable saw, foldable shovel, a small axe, crow bar, and a fully equipped overnight bag. Binoculars, two jackets, extra pants, and extra shoes/boots. One extra phone. On longer trips I usually add a portable jumper battery.

Edit: I forgot the flashlight and work gloves. I'm sure there's more. Fire extinguisher. 🤔

Last edited:
Paper towels. The cupholders in 90s era Explorers/Rangers aren't great.

I've got one of those glass breaker/seat belt cutter things in the map pocket of my 97 Explorer since I drive it the most by far. I thought it was a good idea after a wreck in my 94 XLT. That truck was on point in the wreck, except I could not unbuckle the seat belt after. I wiggled out, but could have used the emergency tool thing to get out a lot faster. I need to get them for the other trucks. It was kind of an impulse buy, but probably one of my smarter ones.

In the Tesla, just the charger and some adapters

In the Camry, a RockAuto box in the trunk with some struts maybe I'll put on one day

In the Jeep, some traction boards for if I get stuck, a small shovel, and a fire extinguisher.

In the DD: Jumper cables, trailer hitch, 7-pin to 4-pin trailer wiring adapter, generic Leatherman tool, tire gauge, rechargeable LED flashlight.

In the MG: A couple of quarts of oil, tire gauge, garage door opener, spare distributor cap and rotor, tow strap, spare fuses, generic Leatherman tool, small tool kit, rechargeable LED flashlight, bottle jack, top cover, tonneau cover, small fire extinguisher.

An iPhone 6 Plus that is not activated that is off that has Google Maps Installed and maps downloaded. It has an deactivated SIM which gives it 911 and also ability to find itself on GPS. Also a nice camera in case.

Jumper cables, a decent flashlight, compact snow shovel, space blanked from I believe from 1979 (grandarent), Kinco winter gloves and tow strap.

Combination pliers, 5 in 1 screwdriver, duct tape, small tarp, water, coolant, oil, first aid kit, space blanket, charger, small snack, high visibility traffic vest, hoodie, one oil filter, rain x, small bottle of washer fluid, bungie cord, paracord, electronic flares, flashlight.

I have my sunshade, tire pressure gauge, flashlight, phone charger, hand sanitizer, gloves, and a few full-size towels. Other than that, absolutely nothing.

Back