What do i need to control wifi relay n.o. contact by another contact

Want use a wifi relay with a contact good for 115vac 5 amp and control it by another contact that can be powered or dry. Going to control a well pump from 100' separate building.

600w motor will need a much bigger capacity for startup 10amp+ recommended.

What kind of building is the well pump in.. how are you planning on getting wifi signal to it?

Also can you describe it in more detail than "wifi relay with a contact good for 115vac 5 amp and control it by another contact that can be powered or dry."

A wifi relay would be controlled by... wifi?
unless what you want is basically a "wall switch" that wifi connects to a relay 100ft away.. in that case I understand it.

typically you would control a wifi relay from an app on a phone.

Unless you mean RF relay vs wifi.

Last edited:
Contactor with a 120 volt coil, and contacts rated for the pump load. The contactor coil is connected to the smart plug.

Having a pressure switch contact closure turning on a wifi relay powering up a contactor to turn on the pump. Router in house has a good signal in the garage.

Last edited:
doesnt really work that way a wifi device is trigged by wifi.. cant really trigger it with an electrical signal from a contactor.
you could manually trigger it or set a schedule.

it would be easy to control the pump with a smart plug... just getting the smart plug to trigger from a contactor....

Maybe just tell us what you are doing and we find the right device?

I'm guessing you have a pressure tank in the basement and that is where your pressure switch is but dont have wiring run to the pump in the garage?

also if its wifi based your well pump wouldnt work during an internet outage.

Last edited:
Back