What dif oil for 2008 dodge durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to replace front and rear dif and transfer case oil in my 2008 dodge durango. It has 35k miles and I will be doing a lot more towing in sometimes 3-4 days a week up to 5000 lb. I want to use Mobile 1 gear oil but have no idea what goes where. I see we have 75w90 and 75w140 available.

Thanks.

Use the 75w140 for the rearend.
Any full synthetic should be good.

You should read the owners manual for recommendations. If the xfer case requires ATF, use what it requires or an equivalent.

I bought the vehicle used last week and I dont have the manual. It was a Dollar Rental car rental currently has 34k miles on it very clean and it looks like it has been maintained but I am sure no gear oil was changed. Since I am going to be towing a lot in the coming months I want to change it.
So we have 75w140 for the rear what about the front? 75w90??? why the difference???

Amsoil lookup is your friend.

Differential, Front C205F......GL-5
ALL TEMPS......75W-90

Differential, Rear 8.25-9.25 Axles......GL-5
ALL TEMPS......75W-140

Depending on how long you will be keeping your vehicle and the money that you're willing to spend, you could also look at using a full synthetic transmission fluid.

Automatic Transmission,42RLE......AP4
Synthetic Universal Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATFQT)
Automatic Transmission,545RFE 2WD......AP4
Automatic Transmission,545RFE 4WD......AP4

Enjoy the new vehicle!

pcfxer you are the man. i never knew the tool was there. I am going to put M1 ATF in the trans along with M1 gear case oil. I am going to pick it up with the 50 dollar AAP credit.

do you have the hemi? if so, thats a wicked truck! altho thirsty. and no fun to changes the plugs - but it can be done

No i have the 4.7 with 303hp, this also has 16 plugs that need to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back