What Chemical to Clean Foam Cannon Pellet

So I have a good foam cannon from a major company, and they were nice enough to supply me with a complementary service kit to try as a last resort and low and behold it did the trick and now it works perfect. I should be happy right? Wrong. I wash the foam cannon to rid all the soap after use and this pellet failed in about a year. So with that being said, how can I clean this new pellet when it too becomes clogged in a year from now?

I tried carb cleaner first, then soaked overnight in vinegar, then finished off with boiling water, the old pellet kinda works but the foam is nothing like it the new pellet.

Any thoughts?

Just a wild guess some kind of weak acid like a toilet bowl cleaner or a CLR [Calcium, Lime or rust] type of product.

Wow, I didn't know foam cannon maintenance was required, good to know.

I ran into the same issue with my foam gun, still haven't found a good thing to clean them with yet though. I've used APC to soak them ok, but not the best still too... following... :)

I was told to run straight water thru the pickup after each use, maybe I'll try some APC and water to do this part next time, or Super Clean or something??

I've had a $20 foam cannon for 3 years and I've never done any maintenance to it and it still works the same as it always has.

Then again, it doesn't have a pellet. Just several orifices.

Back up top.......any new suggestions? They wont send me a replacement pellet. Price of the whole kit makes it better to get a new cannon. So I want to try to clean it.

What part is called a pellet? Anyway I’m thinking ultrasonic cleaner with hot water and a bit of degreaser for the buildup. I’ve never done maintenance on mine but replacing o ring at the inlet.

If you're dead set on trying to revive it, you could try citric acid powder and making your own mixture. It works similar to vinegar but does better in my experience without the odor; I got a package of it and use it to cheaply descale my coffee makers without dealing with the horrid smell and I've also dumped some in my toilet tanks to clean them out with barely any scrubbing.

So I have a good foam cannon from a major company, and they were nice enough to supply me with a complementary service kit to try as a last resort and low and behold it did the trick and now it works perfect. I should be happy right? Wrong. I wash the foam cannon to rid all the soap after use and this pellet failed in about a year. So with that being said, how can I clean this new pellet when it too becomes clogged in a year from now?

I tried carb cleaner first, then soaked overnight in vinegar, then finished off with boiling water, the old pellet kinda works but the foam is nothing like it the new pellet.

Any thoughts?
Why not just run hot water thought it after each use?
It's soap after all

Back