What are you working on today?

Rotated tires on 06 Elantra. Ended up having to replace a rear wheel stud/lug nut during the job. Checked with 3 parts stores before I found the stud and nut in stock, Napa, no go, Auto Zone, no go, Oreilly's came through this time.

Aisin Timing Belt Kit, Spark Plugs, Valve Clearance Adjustment, Brake Flush, Rear Pads, Throttle Body Service, Air/Cabin Filters and ATF drain/refill on a 14 Accord with 119K.

The rear valve cover gasket was leaking and the oil pump was also starting to seep (see red dashes). Customer declined the oil pump reseal at this time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• CE210316-FE4E-4CED-9673-E5AAC508A4D3.jpeg
    CE210316-FE4E-4CED-9673-E5AAC508A4D3.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 25
  • F7D0E667-A147-45DE-83D3-04ED4B339307.jpeg
    F7D0E667-A147-45DE-83D3-04ED4B339307.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 25
  • C07EAF42-EEDD-4A30-8291-52785789645F.jpeg
    C07EAF42-EEDD-4A30-8291-52785789645F.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 25
Tinkering with the Talon again. Started off with going through some of the crappy wiring the previous owners son did. The "fog lights" he added were hilarious at best and the wiring was garbage and a fire hazard. Feed was wrapped around a fuse and the inline fuse for it was wrapped in foil...

l4uK8UO.jpg

Also removed the last of the window tint from the 90's that turned purple on the quarter windows. Mirrors also got sanded down smooth and a couple more coats of paint added. Why am I putting more effort into something I'm selling? For one this is all free/low cost stuff to improve the car. That and while I'm waiting on the title I'm still driving it on the weekends. Plus it kills some boredom; get some music playing in the background, a cold snack or two, makes a great afternoon.

Had the hatch actuator freeze closed very rare. - had to create tools to get the boat apart and fixed.

About 6 hours of works.

The difference between these 2 wrenches that I had to work blind with out the ability to get a socket or box end on was about 20 minutes.

IMG_1605.jpeg
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1595.jpeg

Just got done putting new front brakes , pins , and rotors on my ‘04 Tacoma. I replaced them with all new OEM parts since they lasted 110k miles. Had to put a few new lug nuts and studs in too because last time I got tires they stripped some out. People are idiots anymore.

Nothing at all automotive related. Rather, domestic issues to keep jolly old mum jolly.

Climbed on roof, re-peaked satellite dish signal level. It's azimuth tilt was just a hair off after a micro- burst weather event.

I pulled the lid off the central AC outdoor split unit and cleaned it out. Seasonal tune-up. After vacuuming out the sand and leaves, flushed the coils. Swapped her filters, then coil cleaned indoor air handler and flushed the condensate lines clear.

The worst job ever:
Tree root incursion on underground water sprinkler system. I still have the blisters a week later after cold chiseling out the root that split the pipe. Had to dig up just about 3' of her yard and the corner of her garden, but got the pipe cut to just where it wasn't crushed. Got creative with a Dremel tool and a pair of 45° 1" PVC pipe fittings. I cautioned mum that she may have to get that tree removed, it threatens her septic system too.
20210525_111433.jpg
20210525_111446.jpg

Tinkering with the Talon again. Started off with going through some of the crappy wiring the previous owners son did. The "fog lights" he added were hilarious at best and the wiring was garbage and a fire hazard. Feed was wrapped around a fuse and the inline fuse for it was wrapped in foil...

l4uK8UO.jpg

Also removed the last of the window tint from the 90's that turned purple on the quarter windows. Mirrors also got sanded down smooth and a couple more coats of paint added. Why am I putting more effort into something I'm selling? For one this is all free/low cost stuff to improve the car. That and while I'm waiting on the title I'm still driving it on the weekends. Plus it kills some boredom; get some music playing in the background, a cold snack or two, makes a great afternoon.
Did you get the check engine sorted out/fixed?

Did you get the check engine sorted out/fixed?

I think I narrowed alot of the problem down atleast to ignition. Timing is set correct and the tension is fine on the belt. I have a coil and wires coming today I think that should get most of the stumble out of it. You really notice it under load such as running the A/C, which actually works and is cold! Engine is still a little tired, but there's no telling how many miles are on the replacement.

Also changed the fuel filter yesterday, that was a job and a half. Luckily I have little baby hands :ROFLMAO:

Today I did pads and rotors all the way around on a 13 Kia Optima. Kia made certain you have to take one of the upper suspension arms loose from the spindle to access the lower caliper bracket bolts on each rear brake. Theres absolutely no way to get around it. Luckily the arms dont determine the rear wheel alignment, but its completely unnecessary to design something in that manner.

Replacing front driver's side cv axle on my wife's 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited AWD with 3.2 V6. Everything is off and out; just waiting for the part to arrive; hopefully in the morning.

So tired of all the nagging little problems with this thing. Only 78k on the clock. Lots of electrical gremlins the last few years. This is my LAST MOPAR product. I've been a consumer of theirs since 1991 and have always had problems. I used to feel like it was sort of a goofy, quaint little quirkiness of theirs that I laughed off and ignored because I like the styling and the power of their designs. Well..no more. It is Toyota or Honda from this point forward. All I generally have to do with those has been general maintenance, which I enjoy, especially the older I get.

I also noticed a small amount of fluid leakage from the passenger side strut. Hope to baby that along until 100k and then dump this thing, but I my OCD probably won't me.

If the courier finally delivers it, I will replace the right rear wheel bearing on the car. Otherwise it's time to cut the hedges and mow the lawn and hopefully replace the bearing on sunday. Monday = jab time so if you don't hear from me again I cut a major artery today, dropped a car on me saturday or got trombosis on monday.

If the courier finally delivers it, I will replace the right rear wheel bearing on the car. Otherwise it's time to cut the hedges and mow the lawn and hopefully replace the bearing on sunday. Monday = jab time so if you don't hear from me again I cut a major artery today, dropped a car on me saturday or got trombosis on monday.
Haha I like your sense of humor. But also stay safe best you can.

Back