What are you working on today?

Both rear hubs sounded the same, a little noise, but no play in either one. Any other ideas? I disassembled the brakes to do the assessment so before putting them back together I cleaned them and relubed them…. Also tried to lube the parking brake cables too…. Only one of the four rear pads looked a little thin compared to to others. Could that have been dragging and creating noise?
If one of the rear brake pads is thin, my dumb self says you got uneven wear on that one. What’s causing it: dunno

Last minute trailer prep as my wife heads out to a show in the morning. 2001 Trailswest 5 horse. Tires are at least 10 years old, some Prometer China bombs. Found one was bulging and burnt out. Can't beleive I missed it. Will have it changed out at the tire shop tomorrow.

I had done the backing plates back in 2017 or 18, used Dexter 12x2" 7k units. Adjusted them, run them in and adjusted them again. Not sure if they were touched since. The star wheel took a few spins and they now lock up fine.

They were getting weaker and when I cant manually lock them up and drag the trailer on grass, its time. I made my 3500 work to try and get it dragging now.

Attachments

• 20210808_164043.jpg
    20210808_164043.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 10
Not today ,but On saturday. Dropped the pan for the first time on my 32 year old car, to change the atf filter. Bought wix one.
The fluid is dark but looks good, magnets also have very little gunk.
1628488705280.jpg

1628488737864.jpg

1628488772319.jpg

Will be making a video to put on youtube.

Got my bits for the Skoda Fabia today. The dealer lost their tool, so it doesn't go out on loan anymore. It uses a tapered mandrel to slide the seal onto the injector, then compresses it into place. We replaced the O rings too of course.

IMG_20210809_111158.jpg

Our theory is the rings that hold the injectors in, and supply tension collapse, then the injector rattles the rail enough to break the bolts...so we replaced those too. See how much they have collapsed.

IMG_20210809_111207.jpg

Garage day yesterday afternoon. Have yet to unpack the garage from out move last month.

Started up hanging the straps. Looks super messy now, but I have a lot if straps and no real easy way to organize and store that is not either space intensive or zip tie intensive.

If someone has a storage tip- please share.

PXL_20210808_205256249.jpg

Garage day yesterday afternoon. Have yet to unpack the garage from out move last month.

Started up hanging the straps. Looks super messy now, but I have a lot if straps and no real easy way to organize and store that is not either space intensive or zip tie intensive.

If someone has a storage tip- please share.

View attachment 66452

I'm NOT a neat freak, but I couldn't deal with Medusa hanging out in my garage. With that many straps they're going to take up some room no matter how you choose to store them.

Translucent polymer storage containers. Stack 'em high in a corner or two. Sort according to your own preference. Roll them up with the ratchet/handle being on the outside of the roll. That way you can hold onto the ratchet as you toss the strap across the load. Wouldn't bother with zip ties. Just pack them tightly as you can in the container and grab them up carefully as you need them.

I've strapped too many loads on flatbed semis. Seen too many drivers just wad them up and stuff them in their storage box. Ugh.

I bet you're an organized guy. You'll figure out what works for you. (y)

Reactions: GON
3E305CC3-2B06-4514-BA31-CD74003C703F.jpeg
869D6266-DFC0-4218-9183-20CA99E2F214.jpeg
0D736C83-83F4-469A-92C5-C7AB7F1DADC6.jpeg
9B367837-AA99-49ED-B2BB-67636B578E1B.jpeg
ECDE2C74-BD8E-4ECE-A767-9C7F633CA27E.jpeg

Fixed new tech screw ups. That first one is a TPMS sensor he run into a stuck valve stem cap so he monkeyed it with a pair of pliers and rounded off the cap and broke the sensor pulling it so hard. Tried to blame me because he used my pliers without asking. Boss told me don’t worry about it because it doesn’t matter whose tools your using it’s you that messed it up (referring to the new guy). $90 total fix for that.

Then used a 12 point on a drain plug quickly learned it wasn’t not what you do.

Then he drove a lug nut on crooked and messed it up on one of the employees cars. 😳.

Installed the replacement exhaust manifold on the 95 Chevy pickup. Came back home after lunch and replaced the front brake pads and wiper blades on a 2005 Taurus. I'll be working at my shop this week.

View attachment 66523View attachment 66524View attachment 66525View attachment 66526View attachment 66527
Fixed new tech screw ups. That first one is a TPMS sensor he run into a stuck valve stem cap so he monkeyed it with a pair of pliers and rounded off the cap and broke the sensor pulling it so hard. Tried to blame me because he used my pliers without asking. Boss told me don’t worry about it because it doesn’t matter whose tools your using it’s you that messed it up (referring to the new guy). $90 total fix for that.

Then used a 12 point on a drain plug quickly learned it wasn’t not what you do.

Then he drove a lug nut on crooked and messed it up on one of the employees cars. 😳.
I’m wagering get won’t be there long. Those mistakes get folks fired real quick.

Today's job!.

Replacing the Flexpipe on the Elantra.

Looks something like this.

I know the bolts are going to give me a hard time...

NOT Looking forward to this...

Attachments

• IMG_1663.jpeg
    IMG_1663.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1664.jpeg
    IMG_1664.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 13
  • bos-750-227_xl.jpg
    bos-750-227_xl.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 14
Brakes all around on 2019 Nissan Altima base model. Pretty easy. Done in 1 hour and 20 minutes. 59k on vehicle and all brakes were darn near metal on metal

Tune up on a 2009 dodge Durango. 4.7 v8 with 2 plugs per cylinder. You have to have a very slender 5/8 socket to change these. A regular spark plug socket barely goes in the hole and binds against the head. Pain in the ass job. Every single coil boot broke off on the old plugs and I had to break the top of each plug to remove the boot, so I could access the base of the plug. Fortunately, all the lower spark plugs on the passenger side are accessible through the wheel well (likely the drivers side too, but that thought didn't occur to me then) and the plug wires came off with ease, except for one that came apart. I probably wont do another one. I'm slap worn out.

Today's job!.

Replacing the Flexpipe on the Elantra.

Looks something like this.

I know the bolts are going to give me a hard time...

NOT Looking forward to this...
Need support guys!!! Cutting bolts, for last 3 hours! Half of it came off working on the cat bolts now, any tips???

Attachments

• 3C4CA1F2-D764-42A8-B6D9-B6622E061342.jpeg
    3C4CA1F2-D764-42A8-B6D9-B6622E061342.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 8749880A-CB62-4CFC-94C5-83631D2CE43D.jpeg
    8749880A-CB62-4CFC-94C5-83631D2CE43D.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 15
I'm gonna disassemble the door lock actuator for my Camry and replace the motor to save $$$

I'm also trying to stay off craigslist before I wind up buying a project I don't need

I'm 50/50 on this '87 Yugo or the 46k low mileage '06 LS V8

I got big plans today to try and bend the door back on my Trailblazer. I had smacked it on a fence post this spring while it was open. I was backing up to my garden to pull out a large rock and it smacked a post and bent it forward. It was enough to cause latching issues.

Well this and fix the pulser coil on my Magnum 500. But my SI joint seized up so I'm pretty crippled up right now.

Just finished brakes whole way around 2020 Kia Soul “s”. Pretty easy too

54k on vehicle also. Old brakes were barely 3/32 rear and a iffy 4/32 front

I helped a friend over the weekend drop the tank on a truck he was gifted but he had a date with a notary public and I had to beat the traffic home. I was able to replace the fuel pump, we broke the tank pressure sensor. He texted me the truck runs now after he got the tank back on. But there’s more work to be done.

Back