What are you doing right now?

I was just wondering if there are suspension kits for those GM land barges with rotten banana suspension.

I could be interested!
This is just one of the many companies who offer tons of suspension upgrades now a days for those 70s era , American made bucking broncos. One of the best I know of. If I were going to restore any other 70s American made, I would spend the near $10,000 for a complete "new built" by Shwartz , total replacement frame with the rack & pinion steering plus the "dial in" coil over shocks etc....
Set up in "as stock" condition, even with the all new replacement poly urethane bushings etc.... they will all still surely take you on a leaning ride into the corners for sure. I recall in the 80s trying back then to bring some sort of "ride control" to a 72 Malibu by using all new Gariel air shocks in back with KBY in front on top of all new bushings and add on roll bars that accomplished absolutely ZERO improvement! Just a thinner wallet. Those 72s rode actually almost worse than a roller coaster. Brother in law and I laugh to this day about our race we ran between my 72 Malibu vs one of my 76 Chevelle S3 cars down a local road. When we both pass 80 or so mph we were both bouncing and hanging on for all it was worth and I hit my head on the ceiling with one bounce.

I’m in Sam’s Club. This place is a madhouse. Trying to get dad out of here. We come here for steaks even though I wanted to go somewhere where we could get them separately cause I wanted a T bone but they want strip steaks.

Removing the stupid cheap glued on mirror from the appendage hallway john. The same one I went all sanican on. Will require assistance of lovely wife.

There is only one reason builders do this. Cheap. And the base of chep gluon mirror typically sits on wet top of backsplash and gets well - wet over time. Backing corrodes from bottom up.

Using the shim removal method.

Waiting for the pharmacy to open in order to pick up a prescription. Just a few more minutes and then I'm outta here, off to visit some friends and then to buy a package of Sardinian pasta.

Setting up my checkbook. Haven't had my own checking account in years (decades), decided to get one for my hobbies, quit spending family money on fun stuff. Which has been an interesting dilemma: I don't want to be accountable for the money (know where it goes), as it's all fun money. But end of the day I still have to keep the balance up to date.

The bigger dilemma, how much money for an allowance. $20 a week doesn't sound like much but it sure adds up over a year.

Waiting for homemade pizza though, then not sure how I'll spend the evening. Probably build something electronic.

Just left Best Buy. Got a great deal on an open box Blu-Ray and DVD player for $29.99. Beats the $90 I was going to pay for a new one. I wanted one for my room to play my movies that aren’t on my streaming services that I have. Mom also wanted to look at the newest Samsung phone that released like last week or the week before. She wants to get it I’m trying to get parents to switch to Apple so we can all be compatible again. Even if they got an older iPhone still better than the newer Android in my opinion. I can’t believe how square the new Samsung phones are. iPhone is also supported longer too. I’ll eventually push them into switching just like how I pushed myself into them getting me an iPhone in 2019 lol. I think for my birthday this year I’m going to ask for an Apple Watch but I want a bigger one than the one my friend sold me that I sold for a profit. I kinda miss it but the 40mm is too small I’d want at least the 45mm. My parents asked me why I liked Apple so much and I told them the reasons and the guy at Best Buy is like those are solid reasons and Apple is that much better so they said they will think about switching.

Waiting for this covid test to do its thing. I almost want it to test positive, as I'm the only one in the house who doesn't have it... that way we can stop our mini isolation in our own house, everyone to their own room, no meals together, etc.

OTOH it's been wonderful as everyone has been avoiding one another, and I can spend all the time by myself in the basement.

I’m watching Everybody Hates Chris on Hulu. One of the many shows I watched on Nick at Night as a kid. Pretty funny. They stopped showing it on cable many years ago.

We are getting ready to go out for breakfast I kinda want biscuits and gravy so maybe we can get Hardee’s they have the best gravy at least for fast food. I can imagine everything is going to be dead today as people prepare to watch football. I’ve done had several of my friends text me asking if I was watching I said I will not be watching but thanks for asking. I’ll talk to them about it but I know nothing about football or how they do playoffs or anything. Waste of time and boring to me. And I’d have to watch in the living room where there is cable and last thing I want to do is sit in the living room and watch tv and listen to my dad get angry over his team not winning 😂. I find baseball much more fascinating because there is more strategy to it. Going to a basketball game on Thursday night only because I won tickets and parking pass which the tickets are a $400 value and it’s big rival teams. I want to start going to more sporting events but only if I get discounts or free unless it’s baseball I’ll pay full price for baseball.

Having breakfast at Waffle House and then going on one of those drives with no real destination. Just getting away for the day.

A3425322-55E3-4794-B96D-757CDA48213F.jpeg

We are getting ready to go out for breakfast I kinda want biscuits and gravy so maybe we can get Hardee’s they have the best gravy at least for fast food. I can imagine everything is going to be dead today as people prepare to watch football. I’ve done had several of my friends text me asking if I was watching I said I will not be watching but thanks for asking. I’ll talk to them about it but I know nothing about football or how they do playoffs or anything. Waste of time and boring to me. And I’d have to watch in the living room where there is cable and last thing I want to do is sit in the living room and watch tv and listen to my dad get angry over his team not winning 😂. I find baseball much more fascinating because there is more strategy to it. Going to a basketball game on Thursday night only because I won tickets and parking pass which the tickets are a $400 value and it’s big rival teams. I want to start going to more sporting events but only if I get discounts or free unless it’s baseball I’ll pay full price for baseball.
One can argue there is significant strategy involved in football in play selection plus split second decision making during each play which boring baseball doesn't have. Guy A throws ball to guy B. Guy C tries to hit the ball. If he hits the ball, and odds are 2-1 he won't, he tries to eventually step on exact spots 1, 2, 3 and 4 in that order. No variation. No will they run or pass, short or long, right or left, straight ahead, to any spot on the playing field and to which of a few different guys will it be. Nope, just A-B, A-B, A-B, A-B. Boring.

I’m in the family pool at the Y.

I have to have my phone with me as I’m on call.

I snuck in 7 laps with my son so letting him enjoy the slide now until 3.

Will miss kickoff but rooting for the Ravens.

Pulling the valvecover off our CRV (I swear, every time I work on this vehicle, I am reminded that I will disown my kids if they ever buy a Honda). Sure enough, it's got a wiped cam. Great... time to put it back together, it's not getting fixed today.

We are just out on a Sunday drive. Dad wanted to go home and watch football but mom wanted to go for a drive. Personally I didn’t care either way cause I don’t like football lol. I am rooting for the Lions though as I just want to see someone different actually do something. So is dad as his Dolphins got eliminated. There is like nobody out at the stores or on the road. I guess everybody is at home getting ready to watch both games. Also all the stores are out of everything so I guess everybody is partying too.

Back