What are you doing right now?

1703298349649.gif

Wish I could say it gets better (it does). All of our kids are in their 40's and still occasionally a pain in the back end. Parenting has no instruction book and it is no one's business to give advice. It's VERY good that you are setting this on the back burner until you are in a better frame of mind. My daughter is challenged similarly with our grand daughter, who hasn't quite been exposed to "consequences" enough yet.

I'm excited that there seems to be an upswing in offering young people alternatives to the over-rated, bloated college concept. Enjoy some time off over the holiday season.

Last edited:
Yeah I know it gets better. Trying to pick right path. If flying off the handle "fixes him" then that's the right thing to do. If gentle persuasion worked better, I'd do that. I have yet to figure out what motivates him best. At the same time I know he's stuck trying to figure out life, which wasn't easy when I was his age, and I think it's only harder these days (and as he is disabled, that much harder too).

Just got home to eat my calzone. Managed to get my parents the knife set I wanted to get them. I hope they will like it. I’m sure dad will have some sort of complaint like he does with any gift someone gets him but I’m sure mom will like it. They are wooden handle knives so really nice. Set was $80 so cheaper than if I had bought it online. Just hope my dad doesn’t say anything about it. They said they wanted a new set. And I personally like wood handles on knives. I probably should have bought the crock pot but I could not afford the extra $100 for it.

Getting ready to go eat then go to Walmart so I can finish my Christmas shopping. Parents want a new knife set for the kitchen so I plan to get them one. I just hope these don’t all end up in the drawer like the last two sets and then I reach in and have a knife point under my finger nail lol. Got dad some hats for his individual gift and probably will get mom some ear rings or a necklace or something.
AM - get back into the food forum and post some food pics.
We miss you there - slacker! ;)

Just got home to eat my calzone. Managed to get my parents the knife set I wanted to get them. I hope they will like it. I’m sure dad will have some sort of complaint like he does with any gift someone gets him but I’m sure mom will like it. They are wooden handle knives so really nice. Set was $80 so cheaper than if I had bought it online. Just hope my dad doesn’t say anything about it. They said they wanted a new set. And I personally like wood handles on knives. I probably should have bought the crock pot but I could not afford the extra $100 for it.
You may have to oil and wax the handles occasionally.

I’m just surfing the web on my laptop but browsing the forum on my phone lol. Looking for a nice set of headphones for my MacBook Pro since I found out you can’t have AirPods paired with more than one device at a time I guess. Which stinks but whatever. Might save up and buy some other AirPods for it or some beats 🎧 or something.

I cleaned a delicate, disassembled table which I will be delivering to my sister.
There's need to fix the doweling of 4 radiating arms which support the top.
She'll learn more about tools and add to her stripping + staining and painting talents.

Just enjoying Christmas Eve with my sister and brother in law and their kids. They opened their presents tonight. We are doing ours tomorrow. We will also see them at aunts house tomorrow.

Surfing ebay, wondering about actually spending money on a new to me laptop. And whatever I didn’t get for Christmas that I wanted.

Just wrapped up washing all the holiday dishes while hiding from the relatives kids, now it is low key here.

Just relaxing after a great Christmas. Unfortunately the long weekend is over I’ve gotta go back to work tomorrow lol. But have a 3 day week this week as I’m off Friday for New Years and going back Tuesday as my shop is closed Monday for New Years but since I couldn’t get off tomorrow I took off Friday. Excited to take some of my new tools to the shop.

Just got done putting my Barracuda sump pump back into the sump pit . I thought I would pull it out and inspect it for rust . I installed it 2-3 years ago and it's barely rusted . I cleaned it up and sprayed it with Surface Shield . I think it's lasted the longest of all the pumps I've purchased .

Just leaving to go out for dinner. Work was really slow today no point in being open. At least I’m off on Friday and Monday for New Year’s so that’s good. I personally think we should get about two weeks off for Christmas but that’s just me lol. I’m the only one in my family who has to work this week.

I’m enjoying the start of my 4 day weekend. Don’t go back till Tuesday as part of the paid days off for the New Year. Probably go shopping today going to try and go to Best Buy and see if they have any CDs 💿 left.

Enjoying the great paid holiday. Drinking some Rum Chata and just relaxing. It is so good man. Dad really likes the Rum Chata as well. Kinda like a really cinnamon flavored egg nog.

I'm watching live webcams and weather and surf reports. We have been getting nice swells for a while now. Up to 40-footers have been hitting areas of the coast, taking out seawalls and promenades, and wrecking beaches. Yesterday was the Mavericks Big Wave International surf competition. I watched from up high right by Pillar Point Air Force Station.

Relaxing at a Dallas hotel after a 250 mile trip. Wife and daughters arrived shortly after this photo. The next few days working on a ditch, culvert and driveway repair.

Attachments

• IMG_0788.jpeg
    IMG_0788.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 15
We are just cruising around town and discussing what drinks we want to make on New Year’s Eve lol. I’m thinking pina colada or a lime margarita. Probably the margarita since I promised my friend I’d try his tequila this weekend.

I’m just chilling. Waiting on dad to get ready so we can go for a ride. I love weekend rides out way in the boondocks and away from everyone. So peaceful and a good relaxer especially after a work week that feels like it went forever despite only being 3 days lol. Yesterday we got up too late to do it so I made it a point to be up early today. Might end up at Rural King or somewhere.

Back