What are the most common oil filter sizes?

Hello everyone. This will essentially be my first post. Hopefully this is the right section to ask my question in. Aside from asking quick lube shops and part store managers, which both seem like a terrible idea, I figured this is the best entity to ask.

TL;DR:
In your opinion, what are 10-20 of the most common oil filter sizes for gasoline cars and trucks on the road today? Please post the WIX/NG part numbers for uniformity, as that's what I'll be buying.

If you want the long version:
My first post was informing you all about the NAPA Farm & Fleet sale going live yesterday. I'm literally days away from 'opening' my unofficial mechanic shop (which will see plenty of oil changes) and it's the perfect time to stock up. "Unofficial" means it's not a full-fledged business, and therefore I probably won't be able to just make a phone call and expect a truck with a hat to magically appear. I've already had a fairly substantial client base of family/friends/neighbors for years, so I know a few sizes are a slam dunk. But now I'm opening into the unknown. My pricing is incredibly aggressive, $25 for 5 quarts of anything I have in stock (including any and all full synthetics) and a NAPA Gold filter. A select few choices I can do for $20 while supplies last. Price goes up $3/qt for each additional quart. As you can imagine, my prices are absolutely dependent on getting filters for an aggressive price. So I need to take advantage while I can. I understand I realistically can't prepare for everything, but I'm looking for the most common 10-20 sizes. This way I only have to buy a more expensive filter for a small handful of vehicles (I reduce my profit instead of raising the price in those instances). As my name suggests, I'm up to my eyeballs in oil. 1,276 precisely tracked and rotated quarts to be exact. But my current stock of 38 filters in 2 sizes is horribly insufficient. I plan on buying 5-7 master packs of the most common ones, and 2-4 filters each of several other sizes individually.

The two sizes that I keep are the 7356 (Honda/Nissan), and 1334 (Hyundai/old Honda). Off the top of my head, due to living in truck country, my only thoughts are the 7060 (GM/Dodge), 1042 (old GM), 7502 (Ford), 1372 (old Ford), 1085 (old Dodge/Jeep), 7899 (Dodge HEMI cars) and maybe the 7145 for Toyota cars. I'm NOT a fan of doing what quick lube shops do: condense sizes and install incorrect filters just because they're supposedly "compatible." I won't compromise my quality or standards to save a dime. That's why I use NG/WIX instead of the cheapest filters I can find. That's also why all of my customers are repeats.

So which filters would be solid choices to have on hand? Thank you all for your time. I look forward to your suggestions.

My question seriously why are there so many different sizes there probably really isn't a need for more than a dozen sizes in total from small car to large Diesels. All twist on's would work just fine.

My question seriously why are there so many different sizes there probably really isn't a need for more than a dozen sizes in total from small car to large Diesels. All twist on's would work just fine.
I have always thought that as well , one of two filters to fit all brands.

I think that the most common vehicles vary by region, but your list would be a good start, and then adjust your stock as needed. I also think you need to raise your prices, especially for a full syn oil change.

I wouldn't even bother with an oil change for $25.00 unless I am helping out a family member or friend in need. Why work for free?

I see a lot of mini vans on the road today... Might want to take a look in your area to see what's popular around you. when you are out driving to the store just take note of what's on the road.

Agreed. But that would be too easy.

51348 is definitely one of the most common
What vehicles use these? I already carry a few of these for my zero turn which actually calls for a 7035. That's one of the few legitimate swaps I'll make.

I think that the most common vehicles vary by region, but your list would be a good start, and then adjust your stock as needed. I also think you need to raise your prices, especially for a full syn oil change.
I wouldn't even bother with an oil change for $25.00 unless I am helping out a family member or friend in need. Why work for free?
I'm out exactly $0 for every product I own. It's all been paid for already. I buy oil one of three ways. I get paid to take it (rebates), get it free after rebate, or pay no more than $1/qt for the good stuff like AP/EP. When I stock up on filters like right now, I average $4/filter. So my max cost is usually around $9. When I charge $25, I wouldn't call 277% profit working for free, especially when I enjoy it. I make even more on the $20 changes, because that's always stuff I got paid to take. They get a high quality oil change for dirt cheap. Cheaper than anywhere else out there. We all get the satisfaction of knowing it wasn't screwed up at a quick lube or Walmart.

I see a lot of mini vans on the road today... Might want to take a look in your area to see what's popular around you. when you are out driving to the store just take note of what's on the road.
Noted. Thanks!

Hello everyone. This will essentially be my first post. Hopefully this is the right section to ask my question in. Aside from asking quick lube shops and part store managers, which both seem like a terrible idea, I figured this is the best entity to ask.

TL;DR:
In your opinion, what are 10-20 of the most common oil filter sizes for gasoline cars and trucks on the road today? Please post the WIX/NG part numbers for uniformity, as that's what I'll be buying.

If you want the long version:
My first post was informing you all about the NAPA Farm & Fleet sale going live yesterday. I'm literally days away from 'opening' my unofficial mechanic shop (which will see plenty of oil changes) and it's the perfect time to stock up. "Unofficial" means it's not a full-fledged business, and therefore I probably won't be able to just make a phone call and expect a truck with a hat to magically appear. I've already had a fairly substantial client base of family/friends/neighbors for years, so I know a few sizes are a slam dunk. But now I'm opening into the unknown. My pricing is incredibly aggressive, $25 for 5 quarts of anything I have in stock (including any and all full synthetics) and a NAPA Gold filter. A select few choices I can do for $20 while supplies last. Price goes up $3/qt for each additional quart. As you can imagine, my prices are absolutely dependent on getting filters for an aggressive price. So I need to take advantage while I can. I understand I realistically can't prepare for everything, but I'm looking for the most common 10-20 sizes. This way I only have to buy a more expensive filter for a small handful of vehicles (I reduce my profit instead of raising the price in those instances). As my name suggests, I'm up to my eyeballs in oil. 1,276 precisely tracked and rotated quarts to be exact. But my current stock of 38 filters in 2 sizes is horribly insufficient. I plan on buying 5-7 master packs of the most common ones, and 2-4 filters each of several other sizes individually.

The two sizes that I keep are the 7356 (Honda/Nissan), and 1334 (Hyundai/old Honda). Off the top of my head, due to living in truck country, my only thoughts are the 7060 (GM/Dodge), 1042 (old GM), 7502 (Ford), 1372 (old Ford), 1085 (old Dodge/Jeep), 7899 (Dodge HEMI cars) and maybe the 7145 for Toyota cars. I'm NOT a fan of doing what quick lube shops do: condense sizes and install incorrect filters just because they're supposedly "compatible." I won't compromise my quality or standards to save a dime. That's why I use NG/WIX instead of the cheapest filters I can find. That's also why all of my customers are repeats.

So which filters would be solid choices to have on hand? Thank you all for your time. I look forward to your suggestions.

At my work, we use tons of Auto Extra. 51348, 57060, 51372, 618-10024 (VW filter) 10060 for Chrysler, 57045 for fords and 22500 for Gm apps. Many more. PM me if you have questions as we use a TON of different ones.

IF oil filter numbers were accurately noted on receipts it would be so illustrative to see a year's worth of a business' records.

The Pep-Boys in 07075 (NJ) opened with a super sale. Tables were set up with 4 great pyramids of filters. The people hired to service the great flow of customers told me "these 4 filters will cover 80% of what's out there". I was always told to beware of round numbers and pat answers but I got the idea.

OP: You do nice things for nice people. When you open this business I suspect some worthless worms will seek your services....and ask for discounts. Best of luck.

Have you given any thought to rounded-off and unmovable drain plugs? How 'bout selling cold drinks?

A legally binding form wherein the signatory states he's a family member or friend and will in no way hold you responsible for anything?

Here is what I stock. I stock OE but I will give you the NAPA numbers as well, OE number first, napa second

GM:
PF47/1040
PF46/1042
PF48/7060 Also fits some Chryslers
PF52/1036
PF61/1522
PF454/1069
PF1218/1060
pf457g/7082
PF64/100290
UPF64R
PF2257G/7674
PF63/100255
PF 2263G/100283

Ford and most Mazdas
FL400s/1516 fits some chryslers
fl1a/1515
fl500s/7502 fits some chryslers
fl910s/1348 also fits some Chryslers, Saabs and Toyotas
fl2017b/7203
FL820s/1372
1wPE-14-302/7002 (mazda only as well as Scion badged Mazdas)

Chrysler
MO-090/1085
mo-899/7899
mo-339/7060
mo-349/100010
mo-744/7526

Honda
15400-plm-a02/7356, fits every Honda but S2000 and Passport

Toyota
90915-yzzf1/7145
90915-yzzf2/1394
90915/yzzd3 napa calls this a 1348 but its longer
04152/yzza1/7047
04152/yzza4/7041
04152/yzza5/7173
04152/yzza6/7064

Nissan
15208-65f0e /1358
152089e01a/7356
1520865f1b

Subaru
15208-aa12a/7712
15208-aa15a/7055
15208-aa031/1334

Hyundai/Kia
26300-35505/1334
26320-3caa0

Mitsubishi-dont stock anything, dont see them, same with Suzuki and Isuzu.

That covers domestic and asians for the most part.

At my work, we use tons of Auto Extra. 51348, 57060, 51372, 618-10024 (VW filter) 10060 for Chrysler, 57045 for fords and 22500 for Gm apps. Many more. PM me if you have questions as we use a TON of different ones.
Thanks for the input. I may have questions after I do some research of my own. Hopefully I'll have time for that soon.

IF oil filter numbers were accurately noted on receipts it would be so illustrative to see a year's worth of a business' records.

The Pep-Boys in 07075 (NJ) opened with a super sale. Tables were set up with 4 great pyramids of filters. The people hired to service the great flow of customers told me "these 4 filters will cover 80% of what's out there". I was always told to beware of round numbers and pat answers but I got the idea.

OP: You do nice things for nice people. When you open this business I suspect some worthless worms will seek your services....and ask for discounts. Best of luck.

Have you given any thought to rounded-off and unmovable drain plugs? How 'bout selling cold drinks?

A legally binding form wherein the signatory states he's a family member or friend and will in no way hold you responsible for anything?
Thank you. That's the goal. I will do my due diligence screening potential customers. Even if a few slip through, I'm firm with my pricing, because I'm firm with the quality of my work. Mess with me, and it's one strike you're out. If I should ever run into any severe issues such as stripped/rounded plugs, my overqualified diesel mechanic buddy is 10 minutes away. There's almost nothing he can't do.

The cold drinks idea is actually genius, as I already planned on puttting my mini-fridge in the shop that has an office. I always plan to do drop-offs, but there will surely be times where someone will wait and watch.

Regarding the last bit, I have been contemplating that, but not sure it fits into my process/agreement system. Meaning I pretty much deal on a 'good-ole-boy'/handshake/trust basis. It's something I think I'd like, but would have no clue how to word it and especially not make it awkward to sign, considering I'm just a nobody. I'm open to suggestions.

Here is what I stock. I stock OE but I will give you the NAPA numbers as well, OE number first, napa second

GM:
PF47/1040
PF46/1042
PF48/7060 Also fits some Chryslers
PF52/1036
PF61/1522
PF454/1069
PF1218/1060
pf457g/7082
PF64/100290
UPF64R
PF2257G/7674
PF63/100255
PF 2263G/100283

Ford and most Mazdas
FL400s/1516 fits some chryslers
fl1a/1515
fl500s/7502 fits some chryslers
fl910s/1348 also fits some Chryslers, Saabs and Toyotas
fl2017b/7203
FL820s/1372
1wPE-14-302/7002 (mazda only as well as Scion badged Mazdas)

Chrysler
MO-090/1085
mo-899/7899
mo-339/7060
mo-349/100010
mo-744/7526

Honda
15400-plm-a02/7356, fits every Honda but S2000 and Passport

Toyota
90915-yzzf1/7145
90915-yzzf2/1394
90915/yzzd3 napa calls this a 1348 but its longer
04152/yzza1/7047
04152/yzza4/7041
04152/yzza5/7173
04152/yzza6/7064

Nissan
15208-65f0e /1358
152089e01a/7356
1520865f1b

Subaru
15208-aa12a/7712
15208-aa15a/7055
15208-aa031/1334

Hyundai/Kia
26300-35505/1334ö
26320-3caa0

Mitsubishi-dont stock anything, dont see them, same with Suzuki and Isuzu.

That covers domestic and asians for the most part.
Well, the reading comprehension and overachiever awards definitely go to you sir! Thanks a million! ⁸

Me again.
Would you consider selling Fumoto valves? These are the "1/4 turn" valves which would be installed in place of the oil drain plug.

I found the oil pan's threads stripped on my neighbor's Honda. A standard fix is to get a longer bolt for the drain plug but NONE were available from anywhere. I had to apply Permatex Ultra Black sealant to the old drain plug.
Fortunately there was enough bite left for the Fumoto to grab.

FYI: Don't believe the claim that they drain slowly. Warm the oil and they flow just fine.

I was impressed when I went to Fumoto's office in Midtown Manhattan and saw their few supply bins. There aren't many sizes/types available.

There are a few retailers online who keep the prices at or a few dollars below Fumoto's listed prices so any customer who'd ask about one might well know "the going rate".

You could also extend the courtesy of installing one the customer purchased.

I immediately put one on my Ranger because I saw THREE COLORS of SEALANT on it's oil pan.
Not wanting to deal with whatever 15 years of "fast-lube servicing" may have left behind, I installed it during my first oil change.

Someone will be along shortly to suggest wiper blades and air fresheners. Will you provide a restroom?

I thought the same years ago with inline fuel filters. Don't they all do the same thing?

Buy a kit of washers. How about some self threading plugs?
Washers/gaskets aren't a bad idea. I've been changing oil for years, and can't imagine what a self threading plug is or what it could be used for? Elaborate please?

Me again.
Would you consider selling Fumoto valves? These are the "1/4 turn" valves which would be installed in place of the oil drain plug.

I found the oil pan's threads stripped on my neighbor's Honda. A standard fix is to get a longer bolt for the drain plug but NONE were available from anywhere. I had to apply Permatex Ultra Black sealant to the old drain plug.

FYI: Don't believe the claim that they drain slowly. Warm the oil and they flow just fine.

I was impressed when I went to Fumoto's office in Midtown Manhattan and saw their few supply bins. There aren't many sizes/types available.

There are a few retailers online who keep the prices at or a few dollars below Fumoto's listed prices so any customer who'd ask about one might well know "the going rate".

I immediately put one on my Ranger because I saw THREE COLORS of SEALANT on it's oil pan.
Not wanting to deal with whatever 15 years of "fast-lube servicing" may have left behind, I installed it during my first oil change.

Someone will be along shortly to suggest wiper blades and air fresheners. Will you provide a restroom?
Never had anyone ask for a Fumoto, and I even had to look one up myself, but I wouldn't be opposed if that's what the customer wants. If I'm there anyway, of course I'd extend that courtesy. Wiper blades are already part of my routine, however it's very hard to get them at prices I'd be competitive at. I did manage to catch a large batch of Trico Ultras Walmart had on clearance a while ago, but I only have a few left in random sizes. Air fresheners? I'm mixed on that. Too many tastes, too many scents. Restroom is already built into the shop.

I like the random thoughts. Thanks!

It must be the Fram 3506 or the 3675. GM V8s used those for years. And back in the day it was the Fram 3980 when everyone still had trucks with the 4.3, 5.0, & 5.7 engines.

Me again.

I'm thinking people that pay to get their oil changed don't care about the Fumoto valve. I wouldn't waste the time or money with those...

Back