What adjectives come to mind based on nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What adjectives or other descriptive items come to your minds when you think of an oil brand (or oil model line) based on nothing other than your gut emotional perception?

Examples for me,
Mobil 1: Metallic, high tech
Castrol: Thick, old school, muscle cars
Quaker State: Basic
Valvoline: Thin, lots of additives

(or oil model ...)

Valvoline: Hot.

valvoline.jpg

Yeah, I’m not really seeing the point as well

I thought it would be interesting hearing people's different responses to oil marketing and reputation. When I think about mine, I realized that they sometimes contradict what I know to be true (QS is good oil, Mobil 1 is just good oil, nothing special, etc). I didnt actually want people to argue lol

I thought it would be interesting hearing people's different responses to oil marketing and reputation. When I think about mine, I realized that they sometimes contradict what I know to be true (QS is good oil, Mobil 1 is just good oil, nothing special, etc). I didnt actually want people to argue lol
They are all good oils, otherwise they wouldn’t be on the shelves.

Although I will admit, some of the marketing was a little ridiculous and a total flop (QS 4x4, SRGT etc..)

Well - seems like stereotypes were around for a while - but with good work from harmonizing agencies, the formulators, additive co’s, and OEM’s - most make excellent lubes these days …

Reactions: GON
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back