what about walmart brand oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
If can rate oil good/better/best, then not the best. It is SAE/API rated and tested so at least good. Its price has gone up relative to brand names, in the recent past a better buy, less so now. Since the exact formula/manufacfturer is somewhat unknown, better for many to stick with the known/name brands for a little extra dough. Used for 3-6 months and sensible miles, the dino/blends are ok, the "syn" stuff up to a year max, and sensible mileage also.

Last edited:
Here the Supertech oil is made by warren performance products. They have a wpp on the bottom of the bottle if it is made by them. I don't hate Walmart, so that's one, and have used the oil before with no differences I could notice on 3K changes. Wpp makes oils for Safeway, Sears, etc. It meets the specs stated. I think their Supertech atf is very good. I tried it on a Ford Taurus just for a drain/change and it smoothed the transmission out noticeably. That said I use higher grade engine oils like Mobil 1, PP, as the cost difference doesn't seem significant driving only 7K per year.

I'm going to try the Supertech Type F fluid for my PS pump after the A-Rx treatment is complete. The price was right.
thumbsup2.gif

It seems to be a pretty good oil. But if you go to PepBoys, you can get five quarts of the same stuff (called Proline) and a filter for $10...

just what is a good oil if it meets api what else would you want the people who blend walmart oil did the same for amoco years ago. I suppose they need some snake oil in it and put it in a purple bottle. most all buy there base syn oil from exxon mobil.

Last edited:
I think it's perfectly good oil. Matter of fact, I use a lot of Supertech stuff: oil, grease, ATF, coolant...
It would be tough to convince me that there is any practical difference between Supertech and the major brand products.

I just changed my oil and used 4 quarts of supertech 5w30. Gonna run it 5k miles and UOA it. maybe that will answer a bunch of questions about the oils durability.

supertech synthetic is a great oil dont care what anyone says.
i had a 87 jeep cherokee with the 4.0l. got it with about 40k miles. only oil i used was 10w30 supertech synthetic and wix and/or napa gold oil filters. sold it with 358k miles and still ran great when i sold it. no major motor repairs. minor like water pump alternator ect.

also had a 2001 dodge caravan with the 3.3l got it with 65k miles. sold the van to my dad at 157k he still has it at 240k miles. he is semi retired and delivers pizzas in it. nothing ever done to the van except plugs wires and a tranny. only ever ran supertech synthetic 10w30 with supertech oil filters. dad still runs the same oil and filter type in it and he said it runs great. never replaced timimg belt or anything on it.

oil changes on both always 3k-4k miles. motor oil was always clean.
imo its a great oil wouldnt use anything else. and its fairly priced.

Last edited:
walmart brand supertech synthetic is a great oil imo. not sure about the dino never used it. have a 93 f150 with a 4.9l never had any problems. 175k miles and is my daily driver. would recommend a high quality oil filter with any oil. not sure why people have bad things to say about it gets good uoa's. probably amsoil nuts.

Last edited:
check the UOA section, there are a few Supertech UOAs there,
I used em in my RX-7s for winter and summer, 5 gallon jug back then was $5 or less, can't remember,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back