What 5W-30 or 10W30 From Rock Auto without ILSAC rating

I was thinking of buying oils from ROCK AUTO, but most 5W-30 and 10W-30 listed are ILSAC resource conserving.
1715926175461.jpg

Rather than looking through one by one, which ones in their list are non resource conserving ? I just want the thicker 5W-30 and 10W-30.

Almost all xW-30 and thinner motor oils are considered as "resource conserving". If you want a "thick xW-30", then look for ones with the highest HTHS viscosity. Probably Euro oils will be the ones with the highest HTHS.

Almost all xW-30 and thinner motor oils are considered as "resource conserving". If you want a "thick xW-30", then look for ones with the highest HTHS viscosity. Probably Euro oils will be the ones with the highest HTHS.
The reason I ask this here is since there are many guys in the know who knows these oils like the back of their hand, it would save me time from searching. Rock Auto listing has some ommision of the back of the bottles, quite a lot of the listing does not show the back of the bottle so I do not know if it has ILSAC approval. Even some high mileage oils are ILSAC approved.

you could look up your choices of oil on the oil company's own websites (Valvoline's, Penzoil's, etcetera) and check to see if their latest version of the oil is ILSAC approved or not...then rule out the one's you don't want for whatever reason...

I know you didn't want to do this but in the time it has taken from your first post to now, you would already have your answer or at least be closer to it...

Good luck,

Bill

Rock Auto listing has some ommision of the back of the bottles, quite a lot of the listing does not show the back of the bottle so I do not know if it has ILSAC approval. Even some high mileage oils are ILSAC approved.
All of those Mobil and Valvoline oils shown will be ILSAC approved.

Those prices aren't that great, plus what is the shipping?

I'd buy from Walmart, either online or in-store. Several choices there including Valvoline Euro L. If it were me I'd skip wanting a 30-grade (considering any Euro 30-grade will have an HT/HS of 3.5 anyway) and go for something easy to buy such as Mobil 1 0W-40 or Quaker State Euro 5W-40. Very inexpensive on the Quaker State for an oil with the typical demanding approvals.

Are you really shipping to Malaysia?

Last edited:
Those prices aren't that great, plus what is the shipping?

I'd buy from Walmart, either online or in-store. Several choices there including Valvoline Euro L. If it were me I'd skip wanting a 30-grade (considering any Euro 30-grade will have an HT/HS of 3.5 anyway) and go for something easy to buy such as Mobil 1 0W-40 or Quaker State Euro 5W-40. Very inexpensive on the Quaker State for an oil with the typical demanding approvals.

Are you really shipping to Malaysia?
Walmart shipping to Malaysia is expensic=ve, Rock Auto shipping is cheap. Yes, I have concerns about genuine oils over here.

Back