Oil Recommendations for Highest Wear Protection

Anything added to the base oil, including elements like Molybdenum, Magnesium, Calcium, Prosperous, etc, are still technically "additives" to the oil. Semantics.

From info about motor oil analysis done by Blackstone and others, they use ICP (inductively coupled plasma) Spectroscopy, which detects the elements added to the oil, and those elements are shown in ppm on an oil analysis report.

1679523182321.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't view youtube videos from my work computer.

Please let me know what the video is about - sounds damaging to Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP which is so highly regarded on this forum.

Just some goofball ranting about European oils on baseless claims. Only thing you missed is the humor and entertainment in it.

Ok, I was just able to view it on my phone. Was a guy ranting about how the oil container had no "born on date" so you couldn't tell how old the oil was, and then he looks at a UOA from a Mercedes Sprinter with 9,000 miles on the oil (but with no baseline to compare against) and then is saying it had high wear metals so Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 must be crap. Then he criticized all Euro oils as not being able to handle extended OCI's and if you do an extended OCI oil with a euro oil, you risk catastrophic engine failure. Basically, if you reverse everything thing that guy said, you would have the truth LOL. Entertaining video though. It was obvious that the guy was not the brightest light in the chandalier.

Last edited:
Seems that way. I found the Australian manual recommends 5W-30 and does not mention 0W-20 at all. I will search for a thick 5W-30 oil. Thanks.
The Australian manual also recommends 0w-20 SAE viscosity (and says you can use some others if required).

However, there are some very interesting differences in the recommendations on spec.

ACEA A3 or A5? There are quite a few Full Saps/Zinc oils that come under those specs!

My manual.
2023-04-13 18_43_18-My Drive - Google Drive.png

Back