We're Not Like The Others

Some might find this trivial, but we're proud of our state of Louisiana not being like the other states. Not only are we the only state to have Parishes instead of Counties, we're different in many other ways. Our Cajun/French language, our food, our people, and mainly our seafood (crawfish especially).
One more thing about us Cajuns, we are the only people that can look at a rice field and tell you how much gravy it takes to cover it.
Laissez le bon temps rouler!

LA..jpg

I have always enjoyed my visits to La. The people, the food and the environment are something I could certainly live with!

Just my $0.02

Visited the area 2 years ago by car, looking forward to seeing it again, but I will say that in my trip from Ontario to Key West and back through Louisiana then North the craziest drivers in the WHOLE trip were found in New Orleans.

I understand the legal system in LA is different, too. Not based on English common law like the rest of us.

Spent 3 weeks with a crew in Sulphur, LA after Hurricane Katrina, sleeping on a gymnasium floor.

The people there were great.

First time my wife and I went to Louisiana we went to Avery Island to tour the Tabasco plant. We stopped at a gas station somewhere on the south side of Lafayette and there was a group of people speaking and I realized as we walked by they were speaking Louisiana Creole so I sort of hovered and listened for a minute. I'm fluent in French and I could pick up the basics of the conversation but it's such a unique sounding dialect. It's like French but with a southern drawl.

Thanks for selling it to the new country. What a deal. Imagine if it hadn’t been. Yeah the French always do things their own way. Interesting names and shapes of your Parishes.

The only downside is that Louisiana still has Napoleon law from what I've seen. No other state has anything like it that I'm aware of. I really want to visit New Orleans and eat at Cafe Du Monde. My sister said it was amazing. I'd really like to meet Kevin Belton from the PBS fame.

The only downside is that Louisiana still has Napoleon law from what I've seen. No other state has anything like it that I'm aware of. I really want to visit New Orleans and eat at Cafe Du Monde. My sister said it was amazing. I'd really like to meet Kevin Belton from the PBS fame.
This came up about 50 times in a business law class - 'everybody except Louisiana'.

It's coffee and street performers (that are legit good and probably make more than the two of us combined, lol!) NO has some culture to it. If you want to see LA, then NO is where you go, and if you're into lifting, check out Red's in Lafayette, and then leave. Your tour is complete and the impression should be favorable.

Back