Do you enjoy shopping?

Not really, but online is easy to peruse stuff I really don’t need (but didn’t know I wanted until I stumbled across it). Flea markets can be fun, but I don’t spend hours at it. I guess I value my time more than my money so I rarely get a good deal—I just try not to buy all that often.

Not really, but online is easy to peruse stuff I really don’t need (but didn’t know I wanted until I stumbled across it). Flea markets can be fun, but I don’t spend hours at it. I guess I value my time more than my money so I rarely get a good deal—I just try not to buy all that often.
When I was stationed in San Diego the wife and I would go to Kobeys every Sun. :D

We're supposed to have these endorphins that go through our body when we find ourselves a good deal.

I just have never experienced it. This doesn't make me better or worse than anyone else. It's just that shopping to me always seems like a waste of time, and once I get whatever it is I need, I just don't have the urge to do it again.

I like the idea of keeping what I have and making it last for as long as humanly possible.

I have only owned one house. The only car I bought new is still on the road with over 400,000 miles on it. My clothes are bought for durability. Other than investments, I don't see the benefit of buying anything in the marketplace other than to solve a particular problem.

The whole minimalism movement strikes me as self-righteous, and the consumerist world strikes me as shallow and pointless. Things aren't important, but stability is and the opportunity to raise children in that environment is a vital ingredient in the mental health and freedom of that next generation.

I wonder how many other people are like this. Not just in the United States but overseas too.

I get you, my wife however....

My wife wanders aimlessly around the store asking if I like this or that multiple times, says the word “cute” at least a dozen times, mentions that her “Kohl’s Cash” expires today and she needs to spend it while I roll my eyes behind her back. In contrast when she enters the grocery store she’s laser focused and knows where everything is from apples to cat food to toothpicks and what’s on sale and what’s BOGO. I can’t remember an article of clothing I have bought for myself in the last 20 years and she loves to shop….so I suppose my answer is ….no, I don’t like shopping.

I had to stop my wife from buying me more clothes. The pile is growing out of my closet and 60% of it I never wore after trying for fit. No more new clothes until the stockpile has shrunk by at least 50%. that'll take a decade or 2 I think...

I haven’t been to a mall in nearly 4 years in regard to the term “shopping.”

We have shopped for things we needed. TV’s, appliances etc. I prefer to get exactly what we had. Makes things much easier.

Back