Welcoming the newest addition to the fleet ... a bright red 2018 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4x4.

Not a red truck fan but yours is gorgeous with the tan leather interior! IMO The GMC front grille and the front in general is so much better looking than the Chevys! (y)
Initially not a fan of the Cocoa and Dune interior... but it looks fine with the red exterior. GM used it a lot with the Red Quartz (darker red) paint as well. Yes... love that GMC front end.

Nice truck. Not a modern GM guy but that is a good looking one and it’s before they changed to the terrible looking body style. Only thing that would of been a deal breaker for me is leather seats and Goodyear Wrangler I don’t do those. But glad you found it for a decent price with decent miles.
Dealer already had the new tires installed before I ever saw it. No, the Wranglers wouldn't have been my first choice.... I would have preferred the Continental LX20 or the Bridgestone Alenza.... but they'll do what I need them to do. They simply put the OE tire back on it.... which wasn't a shocking move from a Honda dealer. They played it safe.

As broken as everything is right now, a new set of tires is a new set. It is $1100 that won't have to shelled out anytime soon.

Last edited:
Dealer already had the new tires installed before I ever saw it. No, the Wranglers wouldn't have been my first choice.... I would have preferred the Continental LX20 or the Bridgestone Alenza.... but they'll do what I need them to do. They simply put the OE tire back on it.... which wasn't a shocking move from a Honda dealer. They played it safe.

As broken as everything is right now, a new set of tires is a new set. It is $1100 that won't have to shelled out anytime soon.
That’s true. At my dealership we always get those customers that oh I won’t buy this till these tires I want are installed, in which case we do it to make the sale unless we can’t get the tires or the tires are too expensive to keep the price of the vehicle the same. I know plenty of dealerships that would do that but where you bought it at one that was not a Chevy franchise they probably would of not done it.

As I mentioned earlier, a pretty good sign that this truck has led a pretty sedate life... A 20.0 average mpg over nearly 44,000 miles.

1651863991972.jpg

Nice truck. The Z71 package usually comes with the underbody skid plates which I like having on my trucks.

Is there a reason the purchase price hasn't been mentioned yet?
I've been thinking of a way to respond to this. I just came up with an answer.

At cars.com, I did a nationwide search for:

2018 GMC Sierra SLT Crew 4x4
Same miles (or less)
Same price (or less)
In ANY color combination (in or out)
With navigation as the only additional option chosen.

It came up with 4 hits in the entire country, with same or lower miles, at the same or lower price.

Now that's a pretty good deal.

In other words the OP paid the premium prices for his truck mandated by today's market. My guess is pushing 50 grand.

Back