Weeds like the fertilizer but not my St Augustine

Next time you fertilize, try using some Milorganite. Milorganite is a very safe, organic, non-burning fertilizer that will really green your grass and feed it at the same time. While it is only 6 percent nitrogen, it has a fair amount of iron in it for greening, and lots of microbes and mircornutrients to feed the soil. While it is recommended to use up to 4 times a year, I found that one application at about 1/4 -1/2 the recommended rate was fabulous and I did not have to fertilize again for 2 years.

Simply put, Milorganite is amazing.
Just put Milorganite down today believe it or not. A little goes a long way. Twice a year is plenty. Stuff is pretty amazing.

Attachments

• 72262559-C722-429B-A3B3-3BEBA5427184.jpeg
    72262559-C722-429B-A3B3-3BEBA5427184.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1
And I’ve not gone crazy with watering. Very little. The super slow release prevents run off and gives a no burn result. And its pretty cheap. SFSG.

While the jury is still out and one has to evaluate everything with critical thinking skills, keep an eye on where the current research evolves regarding trace amounts of PFAS components in Millorganite and other products made from sewage sludge.

Again, no need for knee jerk reactions. Research studies are very difficult to assess for credibility. I.E., lots of questions still revolve around the use of glyphosate and it is still widely available on store shelves.

Next time you fertilize, try using some Milorganite. Milorganite is a very safe, organic, non-burning fertilizer that will really green your grass and feed it at the same time. While it is only 6 percent nitrogen, it has a fair amount of iron in it for greening, and lots of microbes and mircornutrients to feed the soil. While it is recommended to use up to 4 times a year, I found that one application at about 1/4 -1/2 the recommended rate was fabulous and I did not have to fertilize again for 2 years.

Simply put, Milorganite is amazing.
This right here absolutely! I have
St Augustine, I use milorganite, and it works beautifully. I will not burn your grass at all.

Yeah 30-45 on a lawn sprinkler likely isn't cutting it. Keep in mind it takes over 3,000 gallons to give a 5,000 square foot lawn an inch of water.

Back