Wednesday project....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our kitchen faucet has had a slow drop for about a month. You could avoid it mostly by quickly shutting it off, so I suppose the mechanism inside was starting to wear out.

I had to fix a leaking water supply line to the dishwasher, so I figured I would tackle the faucet as well. Ended up with a Moen Noell model, stainless steel. It feels very sturdy. It is a pull down model and came with a matching soap dispenser.

I also got rid of the white PEX line and replaced it with the metal sheath type (not sure what it's called).

It was pricey but hopefully will last us a long time.

2B5917D8-3E1A-4FCB-829E-911AF40B9E76.jpeg

67082B84-765E-4246-A7D3-3E152F175FB5.jpeg

Nice. We're looking at a side handle faucet like that to replace the contractor grade that's dripping at 9 months old. The builder would fix/replace it but that's just kicking the can down the road. The boss is still deciding.

Just a suggestion for next time, all of the big names Moen, Kohler, Krause etc. have very specific parts for each faucet model. Delta has far fewer repair part numbers, that fit an array of their faucets over many years. As far as repair-ability, Delta is a far superior product. As far as side by side quality, style and function IDK!

After helping a pal install a glass-doored fireplace front he exclaimed how his wife hated their old kitchen faucet.

It was a contractor grade hunka junk.

We went to a nearby plumbing supply shop and HE picked up (~$450) a GROHE, a solid beauty.

One of its features was the use of one of their common "cartridges" (highest-tech-at-the-time ceramic mixer).

EricG and my friend had the same thought.

DSC00929.jpg

This speaks to me. All of our faucets are cheap junk, but every time I price decent replacements I cringe and decide it can be put off a little longer...

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
This speaks to me. All of our faucets are cheap junk, but every time I price decent replacements I cringe and decide it can be put off a little longer...

Quality costs money.

Faucet is an every 20 year type of purchase.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Quality costs money.

Faucet is an every 20 year type of purchase.

Yes I know but it's not as if my current ones don't work - they're just cheap, and feel and look cheap. Wish I would have thought about it when I had the house built and spent the money once.

"every 20 year" Ha ha, not at my house. We are on our third kitchen faucet in 25 years. Each expensive, but need to keep the boss happy. The last is a second Grohe. The plastic coating is changing color on different components. But this one has lasted the longest at ~ 10 years. My back is not looking forward to contorting under the sink, again. But, per the boss, it's on the list.

Originally Posted by bugeye
"every 20 year" Ha ha, not at my house. We are on our third kitchen faucet in 25 years. Each expensive, but need to keep the boss happy. The last is a second Grohe. The plastic coating is changing color on different components. But this one has lasted the longest at ~ 10 years. My back is not looking forward to contorting under the sink, again. But, per the boss, it's on the list.

Haha, I am only 25 and my back was having spasms after crawling under there!

Good local company with their headquarters close by. Have an 18 year old Moen faucet but it's leaking a little bit. They have sent parts out a few times since their faucets have a lifetime warranty. But they only the keep the parts in stock for so long. If the replacement parts aren't available they offer a certain percentage off of another Moen faucet which I think is 50%. But could be wrong on the percentage amount.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Good local company with their headquarters close by. Have an 18 year old Moen faucet but it's leaking a little bit. They have sent parts out a few times since their faucets have a lifetime warranty. But they only the keep the parts in stock for so long. If the replacement parts aren't available they offer a certain percentage off of another Moen faucet which I think is 50%. But could be wrong on the percentage amount.

Good to know! I have heard they have superior customer service to Delta, and with the same lifetime warranty.

1) If you have time to "shop" see if there's a Habitat for Humanity shop near you. This assumes you can detect faucet quality as you stroll through an aisle.

2) I was BLOWN AWAY when I saw a counter top thrown away with a tippy-top quality faucet on it. I removed it and continued to walk to my car.

The next day there was a note on the fence where the trash was. It read that some bar-steward "stole" a faucet that the author wanted to salvage.

I was so broken up over it I continued walking in silence.

3) Do yoga if a simple task requiring odd positioning sends you screaming.

DSC00920.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back