Weathertech vs. Husky

I'll update.
I received the Husky's Wednesday morning, and we put them in the Pilot last night.
At this point, my impressions are kind of mixed and somewhat fluid.
Like I said, I think from what I read on line, I would have liked the X-Act contours better, but since there was no application for the vehicle, I ended up going with the Weatherbeaters.
I have two issues with them: 1) The lack of flexibility of the material (I like the Weathertechs better in this regard.) I'm hoping that sitting in the vehicle and the heat generated by such will make them more pliable, and 2) I'm not crazy about the way the "Lip" fits next to the door on both mats. This is an issue exacerbated by issue 1. If the pliability of the material improves over time, I think issue 2 will improve.
Other than that, they are fine. For the price point, I'll probably keep them.
If I knew then what I know now, I would probably tend to lean toward the WT's for future purchases.
However, time will tell.
Actually in my experience, the HuskyLiners are more pliable than my WeatherTechs...

The HuskyLiners are more of a rubber, while my WeatherTechs are harder like a plastic.

Just replaced Weathertechs with Husky in my Tundra. The WTs are a hard plastic that never sat flat while the Husky is more rubbery and they lay much flatter and look much better.

I’m done with Weathertech, going with Husky or something else mentioned in this thread on my next new vehicle. My WT liners in my wife’s Yukon XL curl up at the edges on the rear mat and don’t sit very flat in the front. I liked them better in other vehicles I’ve had but feel the quality isn’t as good.

I have both, one in the car and one in the truck. Pick which ever covers the most, cost the least and what you think looks the best.

I’m done with Weathertech, going with Husky or something else mentioned in this thread on my next new vehicle. My WT liners in my wife’s Yukon XL curl up at the edges on the rear mat and don’t sit very flat in the front. I liked them better in other vehicles I’ve had but feel the quality isn’t as good.
You can carefully use a heat gun or hair drier to get rid of the curl. Don’t burn or melt anything.

Actually in my experience, the HuskyLiners are more pliable than my WeatherTechs...

The HuskyLiners are more of a rubber, while my WeatherTechs are harder like a plastic.

I don't know why I think it is the opposite,
The WT's I have just look less plastic than the Husky's, even though I don't know if I could associate either with rubber.
The Husky's I have to believe are harder, because it was a wrestling match to get them to fit in the Pilot. At one point, I was beginning to wonder if I even had the right mats. They fit, but they are tight. On the other hand, the WT's just slide into the floor of the Accord.
The good news is that the edges along the door are starting to settle down as they sit in the vehicle.
Mrs. Tdbo likes the Husky's better because of the surface texture. She did not complain about them being slippery, even while driving, like she always does with the WT's.
I think we will be satisfied with the Husky's. From a cost perspective they are the better value, and they are no less functional.
Right now though, I just feel like the WT's are just a bit better sorted, especially in the area of fitment.
Like I said, ask me next week, and I may change my mind again.

I don't know why I think it is the opposite,
The WT's I have just look less plastic than the Husky's, even though I don't know if I could associate either with rubber.
The Husky's I have to believe are harder..

This is what I was getting at above. The construction of each brand of floor liner varies from vehicle make/model. One that is rubbery and pliable for my 2019 Ram 1500, might be hard and plasticy for my 2019 Nissan Pathfinder. There's no rhyme or reason. You really have to go only by the make/model vehicle for sake of comparison.

Back