Weathertech vs. Husky

Currently have the Husky Xact Contour in my Sierra and really like them. Had Weathertechs in my Accord and found them to be too slippery due to them being made of plastic. The Huskys are more rubbery and my fleet don't slide around. Will purchase again for my next vehicle.

I’ve put 4 sets of HuskyLiners in cars.

But unfortunately they don’t make them for my Genesis. So I got Weather Techs. But, I really like them.

It’s a toss up.

I have both in different vehicles. I buy whatever is cheapest at the time. Both are great, I will not buy anything else but one of these

Reactions: 4WD
I prefer Husky, but have weathertechs in my Ram. The weathertech’s didn’t quite fit right, had to trim them, don’t know if Ram changed something from the 2015 trucks to the 2019 Classic or not though... but for $60 I couldn’t pass it up.

I'm a
Which model did you buy?
According to their site, they are made in the USA (at least the model I am looking at.)

Let's start with, I'm an idiot.
I bought Rugged Ridge liners.
Not Husky.
Very nice liners for $60 shipped. Got some favorable compliments on them.
Sorry bout that.

Rugged Ridge and Husky are owned by the same parent company, Truck Hero. The Husky's are made in Winfield KS, much of anything Rugged Ridge is made in Taiwan.

Lloyd are another good mat, made in California and high quality. I have a set of their custom cut Luxe embroidered carpet mats in one car, they are much better than OE.

I bought my wife weathertechs for her trax and they are nice, but rigid. I bought my sister in law huskys for her edge. Softer. Husky is a better value, but I like supporting us companies.

Much as I like both … the dealer purchased in our Tahoe, Mustang, and Rubicon are awesome too …
The Z71 had Husky (gone) … the Cruze and Fusion have Weathertech …

...in the winter and track in a ton of snow, you have to soak up the liquid or it will eventually slosh over the side of the mat and soak the carpet.
Another "issue" is that liquid (from the melted snow) can soak your loose pant legs (my wife's experience !).

I bought Husky liners, thought they were US made. Sadly they're not.
Their website says all of their products are designed and manufactured in the US. What did you get that wasn't ? I realize the wording on their website may be outdated though too.

I got WeatherTech on the Envoy and Husky on the Explorer; both made in the U.S. I was looking to get WeatherTechs for the Explorer, but when I was ready to make the purchase, they discontinued it. Can't say I have any issues, both have been great but I prefer the fit of the WeatherTech if I have to pick one.

I have Maxpiders in my 2019 Mazda CX 5. I installed them last fall at the start of the snow season. I like them so much that I have not taken them out and reinstalled the factory carpeted mats.

I have WeatherTechs in my 2009 Fusion - bought them used when I bought the car - do the job well.

If I was buying new, I'd probably get the MAXpiders - Costco Canada has discounted pricing with them.

I'll update.
After discussion with Mrs. Tdbo, we ended up going with the Husky liners.
It helped the decision that we got in on a 15% sale on them.
Thanks to all for the input.

I'll have to try Husky as I have only ever purchased WT. Very happy with them.

I've had the one set of WT's and have been happy with them.
Mrs. Tdbo has not, as she feels the mats are slippery all the time.
So we'll try the Husky liners.
Seems to be decent quality, made in the USA, and appears to have some surface texture the WT's do not.
We ended up with the Weatherbeaters. I would have preferred the X-Act Contour, but Husky does not have an application to fit the Pilot.
With the sale, the Husky Liners are almost $40. cheaper than the WT's. Therefore, I figure they are worth a try.

I'll update.
I received the Husky's Wednesday morning, and we put them in the Pilot last night.
At this point, my impressions are kind of mixed and somewhat fluid.
Like I said, I think from what I read on line, I would have liked the X-Act contours better, but since there was no application for the vehicle, I ended up going with the Weatherbeaters.
I have two issues with them: 1) The lack of flexibility of the material (I like the Weathertechs better in this regard.) I'm hoping that sitting in the vehicle and the heat generated by such will make them more pliable, and 2) I'm not crazy about the way the "Lip" fits next to the door on both mats. This is an issue exacerbated by issue 1. If the pliability of the material improves over time, I think issue 2 will improve.
Other than that, they are fine. For the price point, I'll probably keep them.
If I knew then what I know now, I would probably tend to lean toward the WT's for future purchases.
However, time will tell.

Back