Weatherby's Answer To Master Lock..... (1980's Commercial)

lol.

Probably told this story before, but when I first started working @ a metal shop; the foreman had locked the speed control on the band saw so no one could change it; then he went on vacation

When we needed some high feet/min to cut huge aluminum round blanks, the speed was set for stainless and we couldn't change it.

The guy in charge @ the time said "no worries, this is a metal cutting shop" and we promptly used a pneumatic cutoff wheel and was thru the shackle in seconds.

As a newbie to the field, my jaw pretty much hit the floor.

A good planner would bring a tank of compressed air and a cutoff wheel to any heist. Not sure what the gun thing is supposed to prove other than for effect.

Thanks for the posts, I remember the first one.

Interesting to see the origin of the slogan. Still in use 40 years later!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221115_175802_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221115_175802_Chrome.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 7
Master Locks are incredibly easy to pick open. The average person can buy a lock pick set from Amazon and with very little practice, pick a Master Lock open. I have. Even some of the locks used on vans by tradesmen can be removed in a few seconds with a comb pick.

Master Locks are incredibly easy to pick open. The average person can buy a lock pick set from Amazon and with very little practice, pick a Master Lock open. I have. Even some of the locks used on vans by tradesmen can be removed in a few seconds with a comb pick.

They only fixed the drilling issue a couple of years ago. Anyone with a cordless drill and a 3/8 bit could be in one in 10 seconds.

Of course under those circumstances the round from the Weatherby might be headed for the back of somebody's head, rather than the padlock.

Why not? I don't see what's wrong with the ads posted above?
🤷‍♂️
There is nothing wrong with the ads..... And never was. That was back when advertising was clever, interesting, and fun to watch. It's society that has become too "woke" to be able to understand, let alone appreciate ads like that.

(So instead we have to sit through advertising the likes of Liberty Mutual). Today they would be too afraid it would offend someone, somewhere, somehow. Today we don't have enough Crayons, or "safe spaces" in which to use them.

It's society that has become too "woke" to be able to understand, let alone appreciate ads like that.
The meaning of that phrase really has no association with that ad. Look up the real meaning, it's related to injustice.

Remember the Kryptonite Lock/BIC pen hack?

And the similar Toyota truck/pencil eraser hack?
I remember the commercial with the figure skater skating around the rink with a Bic pen attached to her skate, in some type of harness. Which supposedly subjected the tip to undo torture.

Then another where they drop a Bic pen down the muzzle of a Winchester 94, and proceed to shoot it through a oak 2" X 8".

Naturally afterwards they both write perfectly.

Last edited:
Roy Weatherby compares the .30-06 to his .300 Weatherby Magnum on the weekly television show, "You Asked For It". Imagine trying to air this on national network television today.

Back