Wearever Rotor Quality? Advance Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, Centric rotors (premium line) are about the same quality as the Wearever rotors. I have run them both on my vehicles and performance are on par. I would go with better rotors if you;re going to be running HPS pads on them. the HPS pads are likely going to chew up the centric rotors.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Get a wire brush attachment for your drill, and clean the Hub flange thoroughly. Then get a runout gauge from HF and check the runout, and index your rotors as needed. This will solve a lot of problems.

+1

After buying brake pads from Amazon that scored the rotor shortly after installation, and (also from Amazon) AC/Delco rotors with hats that were chipped up from the way they were packed... I'll stick to buying brake parts locally. At least that way I can easily warranty them. I personally don't have time to keep my car up on stands while I wait for returned parts.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I don't see how the Wearever are any worse than the Centric, they are all cast in China and it's luck of the draw IMO. At least if you have problems with them from Advance you can take them back.

x2. The only thing that anyone can say makes one rotor is better than another is if it has a coating on the hub section that keeps it looking pretty (I am assuming nobody has a profilometer, accurate ultrasonic thickness gauges, or other instruments for quantifying rotor quality, nor has anyone done controlled testing that would be meaningful). I don't think that actually has any bearing on how well the rotor will work or how long it will last. Anecdotes about one brand vs. another are near meaningless.

FWIW I put a pair of fancy made in Germany ATE rotors on my Saab, no painted hub, and a pair of Chinese Raybestos ATs on our Accord which did have the painted hubs. I have no idea which were "better".

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back